SOLVED Data has disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I changed drives and did an rsync to pull the old stuff over to the new drive. Was having an issue with setting up new jails so I figured I could rename the .warden-template* files and force the system to download them again. Now all of the data on the drive is not showing. The original jails that I had running are still functioning and working and can serve data that was available but now SSH and CIFS are down. The original error was :

warden: ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone

I know all the original data is there but nothing is visible. I can open up plex and play movies and everything.

I still have a good majority of the stuff that was on there but some new stuff is not there so if I can just revert the change it would be great.

Ok, so after a little trial and error and wracking my brains while finally saying well if I lose it all I lose it all I went and deleted the datasets that FreeNAS created for the Jails. The directory in question that seemed to have all the data but disappeared showed back up in the filesystem but was not accessible. I rebooted and all the data is available.

Going to create a new dataset for the jails and just move all the original jails over there.

Lesson learned, rsync doesn't seem to like new jails being created and if you delete the .warden-templates it's going to mess you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.