New Installation of FreeNas...Data Disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLSNRN

Cadet
Hi,

I recently had a flash drive with FreeNas 9.3 running on it die the other day. So, I got a new flash drive and installed FreeNas 9.3 again and everything was working good. I ran into problems when I was setting up my user and permissions in FreeNas GUI. I could see my data but, it was read only? I then decided to create a new data set because my original data from my first install was not on a data set it was only in the pool. After creating the new data set my data does not appear. I know my data is still on the disk because of the total use of my disk. I need some help figuring out how to connect my data to this new data set. I am still very new with FreeNas but, eager to learn. I found a thread on the forum that sounds similar to what I have encountered,,.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...reating-a-dataset-need-consoling-advice.8681/

I would assume my steps would be identical to the ones in this thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 137

NLSNRN

Cadet
Oops...sorry,

MSI H81m-e33 MOBO
Intel G3220 Pentium
12GB Kingston Economy Ram
Free as 9.3 x64
2 x 3TB WD Red

Mirror configuration
Used primarly to access files around the house on different devices and for plex to access our media.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
The thread you linked is almost certainly an example of your problem. Can we assume you had a folder with the same name as your new dataset? If so, deleting the new dataset will probably reveal your data.

NLSNRN

Cadet
my prior setup had a dataset that had a different name but, I don't remember what it was called exactly. But, the data was there when I did a fresh install of FreeNas and wasn't until I created the dataset that the data disappeared. I was going to delete it but, i'm nervous about doing it.

NLSNRN

Cadet
So, I deleted the NelsonData set and nothing happend...but, I noticed my windows share the path was incorrect so I changed the path to the correct folder. I don't recieve an error message in windows when I try to access my "Nelson Server" folder it opens up. But, none of the data shows? I know the data is there because when I browsed to set the path for my windows share I can view the whole file tree. Any ideas of what I may be missing?

Attachments

• pic2.png
    pic2.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 132

NLSNRN

Cadet
yup it was my path in my share was incorrect...now it works, thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.