CRITICAL: ECC Error!! Please reboot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreyman

Dabbler
I'm getting my freenas console splattered with this message "CRITICAL: ECC Error!! Please reboot!!". I ran this machine with memtest86 for days prior to installing freenas, also burned in the CPU with xmr-stak. This is a fresh install of the latest stable freenas. After getting this error last week I decided to run memtest86 again to search for memory errors. Memtest86 isn't coming up with anything, so I'm quite stumped as to how/why freenas is. Does anyone here have an idea as to what is going on here? Attached below screenshots of my console for freenas and memtest86.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HiRh43802MJ-KK4wmb7yisQ1oiYJHtIq
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L-nRYiRbV1-Q_C6XGg2kRKsNh9FF7yaO

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP
Is "ix1" pointing you to an issue with a 10GB network card?

Folks here will expect your system specs in order to be able to comment on your issue. Please post them.

coreyman

Dabbler
Is "ix1" pointing you to an issue with a 10GB network card?

Ahh this actually might be the issue. I have a 10GB intel nic installed. Running ifconfig does show this interface (ix1) in a 'no carrier' status even though it is plugged in. With that error message I didn't think to look at nics.

Redcoat

MVP
Ahh this actually might be the issue. I have a 10GB intel nic installed. Running ifconfig does show this interface (ix1) in a 'no carrier' status even though it is plugged in. With that error message I didn't think to look at nics.

OK, please share what you find (as well as your HW specs and FreeNAS version) in order for others here to be able to benefit from your experience.

coreyman

Dabbler
This happened with an Intel X540 Dual Port card. The motherboard was an X9DRi-F. I switched the port of the card from the first x8 slot to the second x16 slot and the issue went away. Will keep an eye on this NIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.