Create storage with customer share

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0dR

Cadet
Hello,

I am currently setting up a storage for my company. The target is to have a network share (samba, afp etc) where all internal files can be shared. This files also have to be accessible from outside i.e. internet, but only to accounts from coworkers. Now comes the tricky part: We want to have a specific folder within every project folder to which we can create a share for customers with only read privileges. So customers from "CustomerA" can access the folder "final" inside folder "CustomerA" with read (or write) privileges, but only that one folder.
So we have a folder structure like this:

- storage
-- myCompany <- full access to all subfolders for coworkers of my company
---- internals <- access only to coworkers of my company
---- CustomerA
------ images
------ documents
------ final <- web access to customer from "CustomerA" (read only or read/write)
---- CustomerB
------ images
------ final <- web access to customer from "CustomerB" (read only or read/write)

This sharing with customers should be as easy as possible so that coworkers can do that by themselfs.
So I thought about setting up a simple storage network share with accounts so all coworkers can access the storage and using the OwnCloud plugin for the webaccess. For owncloud I created a share to the jail and used the owncloud plugin "external storage" so I can access the actual storage files. This external storage share is only visible to users of the owncloud group "mycompany". So now coworkers can share subfolders within the customer folders using the owncloud share link function.
My question now is: Is this best practice or did I forgot something important with this setup? Is there any better way to realize such a setup? I would like to avoid copying the "final" folder since it could become very large.

I hope you understand my desired setup.

C0dR

Cadet
I am currently sticking with the owncloud method using the external storage plugin in owncloud I described since I don't know a better method.

Status
Not open for further replies.