Couchpotato title search, very slow, intermittant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Anyone else seeing odd performance from Couchpotato?
It's really, really slow for me and seems to vary wildly. Doesn't even seem to be based on the usage of the system (if I'm writing a lot, or not)

It can be so slow if and when it does find a movie, the title poster is missing in the little thumbnail of the search results. I've got an 8GB system and unfortunately the program is working, it's not like it's outright broken.

I believe the CP version may be 1 or 2 revisions behind the Windows version, I'm not sure if this would impact it at all. My CPU isn't particularly powerful but I'm using CP on a very similar machine and the results appear at most in 1.5 seconds, this can take upwards of 30.
Thoughts?
EDIT: 9.2.1.6 install, Dual core AMD 1.5ghz CPU, 8GB ram. - also it's not even adding the movie, requiring disk access, it's literally just searching.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Your question is best asked by the Couch Potato support structure. As your question doesn't directly include FreeNAS I'm going to move this to the off-topic section.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Who is Couch Potato support structure? The CP forums?
The program works perfectly under Windows, also regardless of the performance issue, for some reason the PBI included appears to be a version behind (but I'm unsure exactly where the version information is)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I don't know who the Couch Potato support structure is. I just know it's not here. :P

The program works perfectly in a jail too. I know as I run it in a jail just to prove it works.

I don't know what the PBI includes, but Couch Potato is self-updating. You might want to read the documentation on Couch Potato as the documentation explains how to check the version and how to update it.

diskdiddler

Wizard
So your copy of CP is working fine? Latest PBI?

I'm hesitant to update any of my plugins because I don't know if it will break things?
For example......... my copy of Sickbeard (fresh install mind you, from last week, 9.1.2.6) says this
"Unknown version: If you've never used the Sick Beard upgrade system then I don't know what version you have.— Update Now"

I did that on my first few test builds of FreeNAS and and it didn't seem to update, worried it might break something.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, the PBIs are push-button. Upgradability is something that some PBIs break. If this is a problem for you you might be interested in not using the PBIs and choosing to use one of our many guides on setting up a jail and doing the install yourself.

I know the Plex PBI works great as long as you don't care to upgrade and as long as are okay with older versions.

There is no "free lunch" with PBIs. There are downsides to using PBIs and you are very likely to encounter them with one or more plugins if you chose to use PBIs exclusively.

diskdiddler

Wizard
I'll try to work within the confines of the PBI's since they are .......... somewhat supported by people - as long as most features are working ok, I can work with what I've got.

I may be wrong btw, it looks like CP and Sickbeard are actually VERY far up to date, they download from the master source - which is good (and bad) - mind you there was a couchpotato menu missing in the FreeNAS version of Windows and I'm wondering if a menu option has been removed in newer builds or perhaps this up to date strain from source isn't so good after all?

Menu option is under settings, in Windows it's called "Display" just above about on the left. It lets you disable their dopey suggestion engine on the front page.

Nick Howard

Contributor
How many search providers do you have active in CP? I found that when I had say 5 listed it would really drag and I also noticed the only hits were coming from kickasstorrents. I also had Kickass as number 4 on the list, as soon as I moved it to the top I noticed it helped, then as soon as I removed all but Kickass it totally fixed the issue. Try removing all but one search provider and see what happens.

I'm fairly new to the ins and out of the torrent world but I was pointed in the direction of private trackers. I've just recently joined up at http://www.torrent-invites.com/forum.php I've not gone any further as yet but this seems the way to go. I'm not sure as to why I've only been getting search hits with Kickass but I believe the lag was due to it searching all the others without success.

Last edited:

diskdiddler

Wizard
Actually for testing, I only have 1

Status
Not open for further replies.