Connection failed when trying to discover targets from a windows 2008 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerchap

Cadet
I am attempting to set up a windows server 2008 failover cluster using virtual machines in VMWare. I need FreeNAS to simulate network attached storage for this to work.

What I've done.
Created 2 VMWare virtual Windows 2008 R2 servers, attached to domain
Created 1 VMWare virtual FreeBSD server for FreeNAS
Created 2 additional virtual SCSI disks to the virtual image

Browsed to the FreeNAS admin app.
Created 1 volume for each member disk, set the filesystem type to ZFS
Created 1 ZFS volume for each volume
Created 1 Device Extent for each ZFS volume
Created 1 initiator set to All,All
Created 1 Portal set to 0.0.0.0:3260
Created 2 Targets
Created 2 Target/Extents, to associate each Target to the Device Extent.

At this point, when using the iSCSI initiator in a Windows Server, I set the target to the IP address of the FreeNAS server, and get a connection failed error.
Was wondering if it was something to do with not being on the domain, so tried setting the hostname and domain in global configuration, and add an interface, but don't think that actually added the server to the domain.

Any suggestions on this, did I miss a step? This is my first crack at FreeNAS.

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi jerchap,

I don't exactly follow what you did, but first thing I would do is ssh into the filer and run "tail -f /var/log/messages" and try to connect\discover the drives again. You should see one of the 2008 boxes try to connect and that should give you some idea about what's going on.

What are you creating the virtual R2 servers in? Are you running FreeNAS in the same system?

-Will

jerchap

Cadet
My workstation is a windows 7 PC, I've got 3 VMs: 1 with FreeNAS running, and 2 with Windows Server 2008. I am trying to set up a failover cluster with the windows server 2008 VMs, which is why I need FreeNAS. They're all using VMWare.
I'll try that command you mentioned

jerchap

Cadet
Connection refused

I trid that running the tail command, didn't see much at all worth mentioning. but I also tried iscontrol -d -t <ipaddress> and just goet a bunch of errno=61 connect: Connection refused errors

Is this an authentication problem or just nothing listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.