collectd setup mangled after Upgrade 11.1->11.2->11.3

BernhardMM

Cadet
Hello all,

We've been having some issues with upgrading our NAS from 11.1 (with working graphs), but after about 8hrs we finally had the 11.3 version running - what a relief. However, the Reporting tabs are all empty. After some researching on the forums, I checked out the collectd.conf - and found it empty. Hmm.

root@freenas:/var/log # ls -lsat /usr/local/etc/collect* 0 -rw-r----- 1 root wheel 0 Jan 6 02:57 /usr/local/etc/collectd.conf 44 -rw-r----- 1 root wheel 42165 Jan 6 00:33 /usr/local/etc/collectd.conf.sample

Restarting of the collectd service also doesn't work:

root@freenas:/var/log # service collectd restart Cannot 'restart' collectd. Set collectd_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or use 'onerestart' instead of 'restart'.

Hm.

root@freenas:/var/log # grep collectd /etc/rc* /etc/rc.conf.freenas:collectd_daemon_enable="YES"

The system was rebooted after the successful upgrade. Is rc.conf.freenas not executed?

Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

Cheers,

Bernhard

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Do you have a lot of complex configurations on this system?

For me, I am about ready to do a clean install and just configure the system from scratch.

BernhardMM

Cadet
Do you have a lot of complex configurations on this system?

For me, I am about ready to do a clean install and just configure the system from scratch.

Well...not terribly complex, but you know you forget to set up something when starting fresh, always! :)

Some Users, VLANs/Bonds, iSCSI & SMB, some scripts, a VM...

We'll probably try a fresh install with 12.0 once iSCSI is no longer under suspicion to corrupt VM data :)

It's not a production system, but most work in our office grinds to a halt if the system is not up, so I'm happy for any clues as to where the problems might be logged.

Last edited: