SOLVED CIFS - The service could not be started

Status
Not open for further replies.

knisper64456

Cadet
Hi everyone! i am a total newbie with freenas. i managed to install it on a usb stick and start from it (wouldn't start from the usb3 port but perfectly fine from usb2).

i made 2 groups and 1 user (for now) and added the one hard drive i have right now via storage/ufs volume manager (legacy).

i started ssh and afp but cifs won't start. it just says " the service couldn't be started "...

it's all at default settings right now... (the cifs settings)...

i just reset everything to factory settings, still can't start it...

please help!

Rand

Guru
There are several open threads and ideas how to fix or search for possible reasons in this forum, what did the search say and how's your issue different ?;) (aka Use the search function please)

knisper64456

Cadet
well most of the posts are about cifs not starting after crash, rebooting or upgrading to a new version of freenas.

mine isn't working right from the start.

i see that reinstalling or factory reset (i did that 4 times now) is a possible workaround for this, but afp is just working fine for me - everytime.

right now i stumbled upon another error - plugins won't install anymore. first they didn't even load up and no matter which one i try to install i get:
(just in case you are wondering, on my first attempt i installed the plex plug in and it was just installing fine.)

Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.0.16/plugins/plugin/...2671636c29017f2091857009be871cddd7aa89d6f2c1/
Software Version: FreeNAS-9.2.1.1-RELEASE-x64 (0da7233)
Exception Type: TypeError
Exception Value:
format requires a mapping
Exception Location: /usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/plugins/plugin.py in download, line 122
Server time:
Sun, 23 Feb 2014 19:09:33 +0100

knisper64456

Cadet
funny enough cifs is now working, and i got the plug ins issue back on track as well...

i put network settings/global conifg/ nameserver 1 8.8.8.8 and nameserver 2 8.8.4.4.

couple of restarts and it worked. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.