Changing Users (rc scripts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedrock

Dabbler
To battle my on going permission issues I was inspired by this post http://forums.freenas.org/threads/release-thread-couchpotato-plugin.14383/#post-70566 and decided to try and change the user each plugin runs as. The problem is they did not provide very much information and I'm unable to PM that user.

I'm running FreeNAS 9.1.1

First, should I do this on fresh installs or can it be done on existing plugins? I assume I'll have to do some chown'ing.

The main problem I have is locating the correct rc script to change. I started with CouchPotato and located (while in it's jail) /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/etc/rc.d/couchpotato and /usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchpotato but I don't which one I should be editing.

ANY information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Got CouchPotato working, I changed the couchpotato_user in both files, chown'd the whole couchpotato-amd6 folder to that user and it seems to start and has no errors.

TL;DR: Can I change the user for existing plugins and where are the correct rc scripts located for each plugin (sab, sick, couch, transmission, plex).

Status
Not open for further replies.