Can't sync to Mega, was working before

I am new to the whole NAS thing, put one together with a combination of leftover hardware from upgrading my gaming rig and whatever I could get at my local computer store. The basic features work great, but I'm struggling to get it to backup to Mega. I got it to work once or twice, but it stopped working over a month ago. Since then, when I try to either start a cloud sync task or verify the cloud credential, it spins for 5-10 minutes and then I get this error:

Code:
Error: 2022/09/28 14:08:18 Failed to create file system for "remote:": couldn't login: Try again

I have tried updating to TrueNAS 13.0-U2, updating my BIOS (this was actually done to resolve a separate issue, but I thought I'd mention it anyway), changing my Mega password and updating TrueNAS to use the new one (just in case it had the wrong password to begin with). 2FA is off on my Mega account as I know that can cause issues. My plan is for 2TB storage of which I have used 150GB, and the data I'm trying to back up represents only another 100GB. I can access Mega from the web interface and the native app on both Linux and Windows, but sometimes it takes a few minutes to load. But in these cases it has always worked eventually if I just wait for it. It could just be their servers are very far away, or if I put on my tinfoil hat, Xfinity being sleazy... but I have no way to prove it.

There are numerous old forum threads about Mega support being broken and subsequently fixed in previous versions, but as far as I can tell it's supposed to be working again since at least version 12. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it?