Mega cloud sync failing after having a lot of data on it

archi33

Cadet
I was syncing a lot of data to the Mega cloud and it worked flawlessly for two weeks now. Yesterday it stopped working. All cloud sync tasks fail, and even the Backup Credentials -> "Verify Credential" button fails.

The failed task log looks like this:

Error: [EFAULT] Failed to create file system for "encrypted:/": failed to make remote "remote:/pool" to wrap: couldn't login: Try again

I have an idea what might be wrong, but I am without a clue how to solve it. I noticed that when I log in to Mega through their website, it takes a lot of time for the web client to decrypt all my data as it is E2EE. I have a lot of Terrabytes on it so even their website loads for minutes when logging in. I think this might be the problem, that TrueNas is not waiting enough for the Mega decryption in the background, before it could access the files on the cloud. Has anyone had this problem? Is there a solution?

nadu

Cadet
Bumping this thread because I am running into the same issue right now. Could you solve the problem?

I wonder why the login to MEGA with their web client takes so long in that case. It seems like my MEGA account somehow gets stuck. After a few minutes (maybe up to half an hour) the login with the web client works again. But as soon as I try to let TrueNAS access MEGA the issue is back.