Cant get to FreeNAS GUI "terminated ioc 804b scsi 0 state c xfer 0"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antares16M26

Dabbler
Hey guys need some help.
So ive had freenas running just fine for months now and then one of my drives get a bunch of errors so i restart it see if it was a bug or something, ive had that happen before and worked so now it did not. My plex plugin wasnt working so i decided to restart again since that always seems to fix it. but now when i try to boot to Freenas GUI i get the "terminated ioc 804b scsi 0 state c xfer 0" error and cant get to the GUI.
Anyway of circumventing the issue so i can access my data?

my build - all HDD's same seagate 4tb.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/14-drive-raid-recommendation.38217/#post-239888

I upped a video to see if you guys can see were the problem is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6xMJCf0wIo

I stopped at the point when it shows
(probe3:mps0:0:3:0): INQUIRY. CDB: 12 00 00 00 24 00 length 36 SMID 257
(probe3:mps0:0:3:0): INQUIRY. CDB: 12 00 00 00 24 00 length 36 SMID 258
(probe3:mps0:0:3:0): INQUIRY. CDB: 12 00 00 00 24 00 length 36 SMID 259
etc, goes on forever.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
In your video ~ 0:51 mark, all the HBA shows is one Seagate 4TB drive? So are the other ones attached directly to the Motherboard? Later it appears to see 8 drives (I am assuming from the MB SATA connections...). Now, in the thread you linked you are supposed to have 14 drives total?

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
K, I am not a SuperMicro expert so I will keep my questions to simple things... Perhaps others will chime in and add their knowledge to the post..

So, first off has the system ever seen all 14 drives at once? Per the other thread, the last comment from you stated:
Update: I flashed the LSI controller to p20 and updated to latest FreeNAS 9.3 plus got the 2x8GB ram and got those 8 hard drives but instead of 5TB i got the 4TB for a total of 14x 4TB hard drives. Do i continue the 6-disk RAIDZ2 and an 8-disk RAIDZ2 or do you think a 7-disk RAIDZ2 and an 7-disk RAIDZ2 is the way to go for better performance and or increased usable space? any better configuration?
Which sounds a little confusing to me and I can't really determine if you did get the system to see all 14 drives...

Antares16M26

Dabbler
K, I am not a SuperMicro expert so I will keep my questions to simple things... Perhaps others will chime in and add their knowledge to the post..

So, first off has the system ever seen all 14 drives at once? Per the other thread, the last comment from you stated:

Which sounds a little confusing to me and I can't really determine if you did get the system to see all 14 drives...
Well I did create the 14 drive raid with 2x 7 drive raidz2 for quite awhile. it was running great until one of the drives came up with errors it was making noises (first time that's happened). But I did a restart to see if it was something simple I can fix. And yes FreeNAS was reading all the drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.