can't find check box of 4K sector support

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuyun1965

Dabbler
Hi,
I did some google, figure out that FreeNAS 8.0 release version doesn't have the check box for 4K sector HDD support, due to I am using 3 units of WD green lable drive.
I then switch to 8.0.1 beta 4 and beta 2. I can't find the check box either. Please help.
(I've add the jumper to the WD green lable drive to set them to compatible. pin 7 and pin 8)

If I've already add jumper on the drives to be compatible mode, should I still need to check the sellection box of 4K sector when creating volume on Freenas?
I still can't find the sellection box of 4K sector support.

Please give me a hand.

Thanks!
Fuyun

pauldonovan

Explorer
I have a couple of WD 20EARS drives, and I didn't touch the jumpers. I thought that was only for older OS's like Windows XP. It's possible that you're not seeing the checkbox because the system thinks they're 512b sectors because of the way you have the jumpers set.

Paul

fuyun1965

Dabbler
Hi, Paul,
Even I remove the jumper from the drives, I still cann't find the 4K sector check box from the Freenas 8 management web.
Can you send me a screen image showing where is the 4K sector check box?
my email: cc@icdist.com.hk

Thanks!
Fuyun

fuyun1965

Dabbler
Thanks Paul,
I found the check box.
By the way, which way you suggest me to do? one is set the jumpers on the drive, while the other one is use Freenas 8.0.1 beta, and check the 4K sector box when creating ZFS volume?

fuyun

Status
Not open for further replies.