Can't copy to dataset folders after OS rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, couldn't find this in reddit or in the forums so I must ask for help.

Today both my boot USB AND my mirror USB failed, so I reinstalled FreeNAS 11 on a new USB. Will deal with making a new mirror and figuring out WHY that happened later.

FreeNAS 11 is up, imported my volume with no issue. Now the problem is that the folders and directories in my dataset can't be written to.

I can create a new folder and add files to that no problem. I can copy files from an existing folder in the dataset to a new folder in the dataset no problem. My user is definitely the owner of the data set and I have full permissions.

Anyone know why this could be happening, or how to fix it? If I have to I can manually copy all the files from existing folders to new folders, but that will take a LONG time. Thanks in advance for your help!

garm

Wizard
Did you read back the config or did you set things up manually? Sounds like you have got new uid’s and/or gid’s

Manual setup. I think you’re right, I changed the permissions so that anyone can read write and execute and now I can write to the folders again. They must be looking for my old user ID before the drive failure.

Not ideal for security purposes though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.