Cant connect to VM display with external client....

jagdtigger

Explorer
So i wanted to connect to one of the VMs via remmina from my desktop, it timed out. Tried every other VM but same result. If i use the built in client (spice or whatever) that works. IDK if this started with me upgrading to bluefin from core, or from bluefin to cobia. I use VNC rarely, usually when i need the grunt of the CPU for something. Checked settings for the display device on every VM and it matches with corresponding rmmina connection profiles.

Did anyone experience this? :rolleyes:

sfatula

Guru
So, your remmina connection profile is using what protocol, vnc? If so, load the spice addon for remmina and connect using spice from reminna. Not clear what you are doing from your OP. I am not running Cobia but supposedly vnc is gone as a connection protocol to VMs, unless you install it within the VM. Must use spice.

sfatula

Guru
Yup, thought spice was just a new browser based vnc client..... :oops:
Well, then add spice to remmina (it's in my distributions package list at least, the addon) and then try again. Spice is it's own protocol, used with qemu for some time now. It's very fast and very reliable, at least for me.