SOLVED Can't boot the bios with m1015 inserted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbenza

Dabbler
Hi everyone
I've bought the HBA m1015 and i want to crossflash it.
the problem is that every time I enter the controller can not enter the bios and boot from the USB stick.
Always start the Megaraid tool and tells me that there is no disc. I can only access the WebBIOS or MegaCLI shell. Without the controller everything works fine.
I have a supermicro x11SSL-F.
Do you have suggestions?

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Can you clear that up a bit? I'm confused as to whether you're talking about the system firmware or the card's BIOS/UEFI extension ROM.

m0nkey_

MVP
I had a somewhat similar issue, but the HBA wasn't being detected by the BIOS. I had to upgrade the BIOS on the motherboard for it to work.

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
Usually, the SuperMicro stuff gets along well with FreeNAS, why don't you just set default boot to the flash drive, save the MoBo BIOS. Then, proceed to get into the HBA's BIOS do what you need to do (JBOD Mode, Passthrough, etc.) and save that and let the system boot like it should to the flash drive?

I mean it's kind of unconventional to have to go into your BIOS every time to boot, right?

mrbenza

Dabbler
I wanted to get into the only bios to boot from USB stick to update the HBA.. but
've solved.
It was enough to wait 30 seconds and went into the bios, for erase e crossflash the card etc ec..

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
I wanted to get into the only bios to boot from USB stick to update the HBA.. but
've solved.
It was enough to wait 30 seconds and went into the bios, for erase e crossflash the card etc ec..

OH! You were trying to flash the HBA card, that would've helped a little bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.