SOLVED Can't Access web GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

First FreeNAS build, installation went totally fine. I get to the Console Setup screen with options 1-14 but no IP address. Manually configured IPv4 as 192.168.1.6 and subnet 255.255.255.0 which then showed up as the IP Address I could use to access the web GUI. Tried to access the GUI and get connection time out errors every time, no matter what browser. I don't have a NIC so I'm connecting an ethernet cable straight from my motherboard to my router. Did a factory reset and still no IP Address.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

My ifconfig readout:
http://imgur.com/z5PwKv2

Specs below:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3
RAM: Crucial CT2KIT102472BD160B (16GB RAM)
Motherboard: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O
Booting from 8GB Sandisk flash drive

D

dlavigne

Your ifconfig indicates that there is no carrier. Check your cabling and connection to the switch.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Check your cables, you are not getting an IP address from your router.

EDIT: @dlavigne beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your ifconfig indicates that there is no carrier. Check your cabling and connection to the switch.
By switch do you mean router? If so I checked the cables on the router and the connection to my IPMI Lan port on my motherboard and everything's snug. I also tested the ethernet cable with my desktop and it works fine.

During startup I see the following messages for both of my network interfaces:
igb0: no link . . . . . .
igb1: no link . . . . . .
Do I need to configure my network interfaces in BIOS or something?

Ah jeeze louise you were both right and I'm dumb. For anyone who finds this, don't use the IPMI Lan ethernet port, use either Lan 1 or Lan 2. I switch my ethernet cable port and I connected just fine. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.