SOLVED Cannot access Web GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchan016

Cadet
Last night, out of nowhere, my FreeNAS box decided to stop sharing files, and also to stop allowing access to the web gui.

I tried restarting it, but it gave me the mountpoint error. I eventually reasoned that one of my drives died suddenly, so I unplugged it, and it booted up just fine with no problems, except I still can't get to the Web GUI.

I can SSH into my jails just fine, but SSH to the box itself, as well as to the Web GUI gives me a connection denied error.
File sharing doesn't work, either.

I tried using my second nic (TPLink 3468). Same thing, can't access web gui and can't ssh into freenas.

I've tried restarting and resetting to factory defaults, but I still can't access the web gui.

I've also tried using dd to copy the contents of the USB stick (An old Kingston 8gb usb2 drive) to a new USB stick (A Kingston 8gb usb3 drive). Same problem.

Specs:
Intel Celeron something dual core sandy bridge
MSI P67A-GD65
2x4gb ram (non-ecc)
Some cheapo video card just for display (I think it's a 5450)
TPLink 3468 (Realtek 8111 based nic)
4x Hitachi 2tb
1x Seagate 3tb
1x Seagate 1tb (the one that died, and is no longer in the system)
Seasonic X760
Plenty of fans
FreeNas 9.2.1.5

Last edited:

rchan016

Cadet
I managed to solve this problem:

I installed 9.2.1.7 onto a new USB drive, and attached it to a different USB port. Previously, I had my FreeNAS usb drive on a usb3 header.
Booted right up, then restored my config. Back up and running.

Turns out, it was a combination of a first gen USB3 chipset + USB3 thumbdrive preventing previous 9.2.1.7 attempts.

Lessons to be learned:
- Back up your config.
- Back up your config.
- Back up your config.

Status
Not open for further replies.