Can't Access Plex Web Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpheaney

Cadet
Hi All,

I can't access the Plex web interface. The server is running. I put in the Ip with the port 32400. Any Thoughts?

D

dlavigne

Is there a firewall between the client and the server? Any error message on the client? Anything in /var/log/messages of the plex jail?

krisjrodz

Dabbler
Hello rpheaney,

You could also verify that you network settings for your jail is correct, here's a link to the relevant section of the FREE NAS documentation to verify the network config of your jail: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Jails_Configuration. You should also verify the the IP address for the 'plex jail' is in the correct range as the network config of 'the jail' (i.e. the global jail containing all plugin jails). Here's the link to verify your specific jail settings: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Adding_Jails#Managing_Jails.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

JohnK

Patron
I had trouble accessing Plex media server until I found the following!

Add the following line to the /etc/rc.conf file using echo (or you could edit the file manually also)
root@plex_1:/ # echo 'plexmediaserver_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf

root@plex_1:/ # service plexmediaserver start
Starting plexmediaserver.
root@plex_1:/ # service plexmediaserver status
plexmediaserver is running with pid: 42807

rpheaney

Cadet
Looks like the rc.conf or start up script was not created when I download the plug-in.

JohnK

Patron
You might want to read the entire blog
This is the exact problem I had and solved my inability to link to the web interface.

TasMot

Dabbler
<BlockQuote>try this <ip address>:32400/web/index.html</BlockQuote>

That is what worked.....

Brad1961

Dabbler
I know this is an old thread but my be useful to know I had the same problem for a while !!!!!!
I used
<BlockQuote>try this <ip address>:32400/web/index.html</BlockQuote>
And had to forward port 32400 on my router to the plex jail ip and its working fine for now

Status
Not open for further replies.