Cannot login after power failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

codenamezero

Explorer
Ok I'm not sure if I forgot my password or there is something messed up after power failure... Normally I just turn it back on and login via the web portal, I had my password saved on Chrome so I don't really remember what password I used, however I tried pretty much all my possible passwords and still can't get back through SSH...

I tried pressing the power button to power it down and then turning it back on again, and it still gives me connection refused when I try to access the web interface...

Did the default root password changed after in the 9.10?

codenamezero

Explorer
Actually, I've tried to reset the password, but it still won't let me ssh to it.
I even tried to reset the network interface and still no go.

Can someone tell me what's wrong? The ip address for the web interface was supposed to be 192.168.1.23, looking at the log, it seems to have binded the right address, but it has other issues...

https://youtu.be/xq5MXrj1YhY

It seems samba config, ngnix, and something else has issues. But I don't know how to troubleshoot them.

I know samba has problem long time ago since pre 9.x as I often see core dump messages from the web interface console log but I was still able to connect and transfer files with it from windows, so i didn't pay attention to it...

ngnix I'm not sure what it is, does the web interface uses ngnix?

D

dlavigne

In that console menu, click on Shell and post a screenshot of the output of the ifconfig command.

codenamezero

Explorer
re0 is the interface for the network. The IP is the same one that was I was expecting, .23, however during boot time, I saw something 192.168.1.25.

I am supposed to have my Transmission plugin running that uses 192.168.1.2, I can hit my Transmission Web Interface without problem.

Attachments

• cameringo_20170326_122921-1032x581.jpg
    cameringo_20170326_122921-1032x581.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 280
  • cameringo_20170326_122856-1032x581.jpg
    cameringo_20170326_122856-1032x581.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
D

dlavigne

I'm still not sure what the issue is. You can login via the GUI but not ssh? If so, is the ssh service started? Is a password set for the username you are trying to ssh in as?

codenamezero

Explorer
No, I cannot login via GUI and i cannot login via SSH either. I went to the console and reset the root password and I still cannot login via SSH.

D

dlavigne

Please post a screenshot of what you see when you try to login via gui.

Also, please post the exact command you are using to ssh in and the error you receive.

codenamezero

Explorer
Nothing, it just shows Connection Refused.

ssh root@192.168.1.23

Is it possible that the config is badly corrupted when it went down? Is there a way to... i dunno... reinstall freenas without kill all my data and/or settings?

D

dlavigne

Post the contents of /var/log/auth.log after a failed SSH attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.