SOLVED Cannot Import : no such pool available (once again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikRoy

Cadet
Hi everyone,

Having that (common?) problem, I've done some research on this forum. Sorry, I haven't been able to debug my freenas all alone reading many interesting threads, and will need some help here. Seems you can count me in the newbie bag with some basic command line experience :/

Most like that thread: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/cannot-import-no-such-pool-available.23000/ I noticed few days ago a yellow alert on my FreeNAS 9.1.1 (a752d35) saying "WARNING: The volume twogb-mirror (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN".
Trying to diagnose everything, it seems that:
  • my system boot usb key is in perfect condition ; got also a clone one that gives the same result
  • the machine works just fine, I can connect to the WebGUI with no errors
  • 2 x 2TB disks in raid shows properly in BIOS and should be in good condition - "File system is clean" is displayed on FreeBSD boot (but is it related to the HDD or the boot usbkey?)
I just spent some minutes trying to paste the content of dmesg, but it's just too big. So I dumped it to a file, but I can't even manage to copy it to another external usb stick. Haha guys, I'm such a shame.

Let's try zpool status > no pools available
And then zpool import > nothing happens

If anyone is in the mood to baby-sit me, many thanks.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Start by reading and following the forum rules. Post your hardware and any interesting configurations and debugging you have.

PatrikRoy

Cadet
Thank you for answering. Here is my hardware configuration:

Dell Optiplex 740 Bios 2.2.7 (motherboard unknown)
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3800+
2 x 1 GB DDR2 Hynix SDRAM @667Mhz
2 x 2 TB WD Caviar Green SATA in RAID 1
APC Back-UPS CS 350
Build FreeNAS 9.1.1-RELEASE-x64 (a752d35)

System boots on a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 8GB USB

I'm now trying to paste dmesg content here, saving it to another usb key.
Which sections of the debug do you need? I don't want to spam this forum with 200+kB of data (even in a CODE window).

Thanks again.

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The minimum amount of ram is 8GB you have 1/4 the required amount. No one is going to help you until you upgrade and at that point it might not make a difference.

PatrikRoy

Cadet
Strange, that machine worked fine since a year and a half.
A pity no one else won't help.
Thanks anyway.
I'll restart from scratch - I have a monthly backup for exactly that kind of stupid event.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
You should read the hardware recommendations thread (link is in my sig) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.