cannot delete jail created in b3 or upgrade it

Status
Not open for further replies.

labtopia

Dabbler
i had one created trying to use plugins and cannot delete it in services plugins management, i get error occured. ive deleted the jail dataset and created a new one and it still shows me the old info when i manage plugins service, the jail name is jail_plugins and it complains that it cant have an _ but the docs say it can

any thoughts?

dave

labtopia

Dabbler
so basically i am trying to clean the old jail out and the minidnla out and start again. this gives me gui errors and doesnt seem possible. if someone could help out with this in a manual way to do this i'd appreciate it.

labtopia

Dabbler
ok i've got the plugin and jail removed by multiple attempts and there are no errors in the console as before about rm and paths. installed new jail. good. installed new minidlna, install successful.

but now i get a manage py error in console about cant open the gui minidlna

couldn't retrieve http://***.***.***.***:80/plugins/minidlna/_s/treemenu:urlopen error timed out

any help on this would be appreciated.

i tried a reboot and same thing- no gui in the plugin tree.

ikke

Contributor
It behaves the same for me. I had to destroy the datasets used by the jail and plugins to get rid of the old stuff, and remove the ip alias. Even though the gui lets to delete the jail, it wont really clean up the dirs.

SandmanZA

Dabbler
Maybe too late to try but what I did was to save the config before I created the jail i.e. have a golden copy. If you have any issues thereafter, just restore the system to the backed up copy and you have your pristine point before you started.

I have found that I am using that backup quite a lot !!

Status
Not open for further replies.