Hints to gui for errors when deleting a jail after upgrade to 11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmshimself

Dabbler
Hi - I've been running 11.2 since the 5th Dec with the released version and overall things have been excellent. Very impressed. I've been tidying up a few loose ends and one issue is a jail that shows up as corrupt cannot be deleted. No errors shows, it just doesn't get deleted. With the cli, when I do a delete I get the following error at the end.

OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/mnt/iocage/templates/dhcpdjail/tmpziki_lw2'

In the gui, if I edit this area and make it read/write, I can then delete the jail fine in the gui.

Perhaps any errors on the delete could be presented to the gui so action can be taken?

Walki2000

Cadet
I have the same issue. The Jail is corrupted and detaching is not possible.
syncthing is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 254, in json_load
jail_dataset.properties["org.freebsd.iocage:host_hostuuid"]
File "libzfs.pyx", line 2059, in libzfs.ZFSPropertyDict.__getitem__
KeyError: 'org.freebsd.iocage:host_hostuuid'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
return methodobj(*params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
return methodobj(*params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 551, in stop
iocage.stop()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1679, in stop
conf = ioc_json.IOCJson(path, silent=self.silent, stop=True
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 270, in json_load
exception=ioc_exceptions.JailMissingConfiguration)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 81, in logit
_callback(content, exception)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
raise callback_exception(message)
iocage_lib.ioc_exceptions.JailMissingConfiguration: syncthing is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 161, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1109, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1046, in _call
return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1073, in _call_worker
job,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1004, in run_in_proc
return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 989, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
iocage_lib.ioc_exceptions.JailMissingConfiguration: syncthing is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.

When I now want to delete the Jail I got a message "Jail deleted" but it is still there and of course corrupted.

dmshimself

Dabbler
Your situation may be different, but what I did was from the FreeNAS menu start a shell and then
iocage list

identify the correct jail from it's name/whatnot/whatever it is, then

iocage stop <whatever it is>

You may get errors if it isn't started, then

iocage destroy <whatever it is>

Like me you may get further errors which need to be identified and corrected. In my case I got a clear error that a dataset was readonly. That I could fix up in the gui and repeat the destroy. In my case also I had dependant snapshots, so I needed to do a recursive destroy.

Devilstompa

Dabbler
I get a warden error

diskdiddler

Wizard
Status
Not open for further replies.