Error Configuring Plug-in Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

centex99

Dabbler
I've created a dataset mnt/NAS_VOL/Plugins and /mnt/NAS_VOL/Jail...
I enter the name, paths, etc, and then select the PBI file to upload... it gets about 1% complete, and then I get an "Error Occured."
How can I figure out what the error was and get the plugins installed? Thanks.

centex99

Dabbler
I tried a factory settings and tried the steps again... yet I still get the "An Error Occurred!" message when it goes to upload the PBI file. Anyone have any help/insight?

ProtoSD

MVP
Are you sure you're using the correct plugin to match your architecture?

x64 plugin with x64 FreeNAS etc.?

centex99

Dabbler
Running:
FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r11950)
Trying to use:
FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-x64.Plugins_Jail.pbi

centex99

Dabbler
Seems when I put an IP address of my desktop PC in instead of an unused IP address it worked...

Rogla

Dabbler
I get the same error as You, same version of freenas and Plugins_Jail.pbi.

Was it the installation of Plugins_Jail.pbi that worked and also the instaled plugin (software)?

I'm not very happy to use my desktop IP for the jail. To me it looks like an error that needs a fix.

centex99

Dabbler
I was able to install the jail by using an IP address that was currently being used (pingable). That didn't seem to cause any network issue as the service isn't started at that point. Once the jail was uploaded, I was able to go back into the configuration and change the IP address back to what I wanted to assign it. After that was completed, I then started the service and everything worked as expected. I have since installed, but not completely configured two plugins.

Rogla

Dabbler
Thanks alot for your information.

I did try with diffrent pingable adresses but was unable to install the jail plugin.

All: Is there any log file for the plugin installation?

centex99

Dabbler
Try using the address of the machine you're installing the plugin from. That's what I did anyhow, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

paleoN

Wizard
Thanks alot for your information.

I did try with diffrent pingable adresses but was unable to install the jail plugin.
Why don't you try providing your network information, all of it? Instead of people guessing you might get some useful responses.

Try using the address of the machine you're installing the plugin from. That's what I did anyhow, not sure if that makes a difference or not.
This is completely wrong. If you got it working I guess it doesn't really matter how you got there.

centex99

Dabbler
paleon, yeah... I'm not sure exactly why that seemed to work, but I had tried numerous times before to get it to install the jail with absolute no luck. It would go to about 1% and then I'd get the error message. :-/ My solution didn't and still doesn't seem valid to me as you say, though I couldn't find any logs or any details on why it was error-ing trying to install the jail.

Rogla

Dabbler
I found this in /var/log/nginx-error.log:

2012/07/31 16:05:16 [crit] 21336#0: *5116 open() "/var/tmp/firmware/0000000012"
failed (13: Permission denied), client: 192.168.0.242, server: localhost, reques
t: "POST /plugins/jailpbi/?iframe=true&X-Progress-ID=74e083bc-f5d7-4604-8371-5b7
ed6618806 HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.0.185", referrer: "http://192.168.0.185/"

[root@freenas /var/tmp/firmware]# ls -la
total 105
drwxr-xr-x+ 2 www www 2 Jul 31 16:07 .
drwxr-x---+ 19 Roger operator 20 Jul 31 00:38 ..
[root@freenas /var/tmp/firmware]#

I changed permission ti 775 on /var/tmp/firmware (boot the link firmaware in /var/tmp/ and the .firmware.
But after the failed installation of the jail plugin its back to 755.
Both root and my user Roger has access to the www group.

Any idea why its not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.