Cannot Access FreeNAS Shares from Streaming Device or PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

photontech

Dabbler
Had a power failure. Booted backup. Been using this 9.2.1.9 for a few yrs. Now I can ping the box and access through the webgui using static IP but cannot access shares through my PC using NAS Name or IP address in run box or desktop shortcut. Also, getting anonymous logon rejection when trying to stream to my WD TV Live box. Not sure how to fix this. Please help.

photontech

Dabbler
I found a config from last fall and updated the USB drive and all fine now. Thank all for any help you would have supplied. One question: What is the process for doing periodic hard drive checks in this version of FreeNAS 9.2.1.9? Thank you in advance for your help with this question.

jro

iXsystems
iXsystems
One question: What is the process for doing periodic hard drive checks in this version of FreeNAS 9.2.1.9?
The integrity of the drives themselves can be tested via the built-in SMART services. You can create periodic tests for all the drives in your system that support SMART. The pool integrity is tested (and automatically repaired, if able) via scrubs. Scrubs run by default every 35 days, but you can make them run more often if you would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.