Can users change their password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elandech

Cadet
Hi, i have a standalone freenas V11.1. I would like to know if there is a way in which users can change their password other than from the admin console.
Thanks.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
No. Well, maybe via SSH, but that's not something your average clueless user is going to figure out. I can't remember if there's a feature request for this yet, but if you search and can't find any, please file one.

vasureddy619

Dabbler
yes they can change via ssh by logging using putty or some other terminal which supports ssh using the passwd command. But the issue is that when the nas server restarts all the passwords which were changed via terminal will be set to default, and the one and only option left is to change via admin console. I am also waiting for a solution for this from long. If any one gets a solution pls update.
here see my thread https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/user-authentication-issue.22525/#post-136356
see if its any helpful for u.

vasureddy619

Dabbler
guys if you want you can use the procedure i am following it works fine for me, its been 3 years till now no issues users are able to change their passwords, and everything is stable

Status
Not open for further replies.