Can not modfy AFP Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone can share a screen using Team Viewer so I can take a look at the issue I'll be happy to fix it, otherwise it will never be fixed :)

Feel free to join in irc.freenode.net #freenas

I have no problem giving you a Team Viewer session w/ FF and Firebug ready 2 go.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
I was willing to help fix this bug, but your last "arse kicking" comment just convinced me to just let it go. Sorry, but I am getting the feeling that you are the one not willing to help since you just dismiss every clue we try to give you.

bye
hewi

What clues? "Hey, this is not working, fix it! Here is an useless screenshot, now do your crystal ball magic thing!" is not a clue.

mikei

Dabbler
New install of FreeNAS-8.3.0-BETA1-x64 (r12054) I'm running into this issue also. Cannot add users.

andyschmid

Cadet
i got the same issue. as others. i can add users fine as long as AFP is switched off. when i switch on AFP i can't add anymore users as the interface complains the permissions are not set on the home directory even though the boxes are ticked. since this only happens when AFP is on i don't think it's a user interface problem, rather a clash with something that is started to run when AFP is turned on. note also turning AFP off will not solve this. you have to turn off AFP, reboot and then you can add users again.

motoxer913

Cadet
Updating to Firefox 14.0.1 might have fixed it...or was it the reboot? I had tried setting permissions multiple times in Safari, disabling AFP, reboot, no luck, get the required field permission and then check boxes blank and disabled...cannot check/uncheck. I then tried same thing in Firefox, no luck. I rebooted FreeNAS (8.2 Release) and while it was rebooted Firefox asked me to install update 14.0.1, so I did.
As soon as Firefox restarted I went back to FreeNAS (which also rebooted during this process), and viola! It works.

So, is this a browser issue and the latest FF 14.0.1 fixes the problem or was this just coincidence and the FreeNAS reboot did the trick? I had rebooted FreeNas before and it didn't work so I think this is a browser issue...I could be wrong though.

andyschmid

Cadet
Updating to Firefox 14.0.1 might have fixed it...or was it the reboot? I had tried setting permissions multiple times in Safari, disabling AFP, reboot, no luck, get the required field permission and then check boxes blank and disabled...cannot check/uncheck. I then tried same thing in Firefox, no luck. I rebooted FreeNAS (8.2 Release) and while it was rebooted Firefox asked me to install update 14.0.1, so I did.
As soon as Firefox restarted I went back to FreeNAS (which also rebooted during this process), and viola! It works.

So, is this a browser issue and the latest FF 14.0.1 fixes the problem or was this just coincidence and the FreeNAS reboot did the trick? I had rebooted FreeNas before and it didn't work so I think this is a browser issue...I could be wrong though.

Can you check your AFP is on or off?

It works for me as well after reboot if AFP is off (NOTE you have to switch of AFP, then reboot).

andyschmid

Cadet
Also I think I am getting an AFP error when trying to do this as seen in /var/log/messages:

21 Aug 04:56:29 freenas afpd [6208]: dsi_stream_read: len :0, unexpected EOF

Could it be that adding a user is somewhere trying to restart the AFP deamon and is passing it incorrect values causing a returned error value that just happens to be attributed to the user permissions?

atakacs

Explorer
Just wanted to chime in - having the same issue. Mac 10.7 running Firefox 14.

paul

Dabbler
Same William Grzybowski if you can let me know i can skype you i can talk to you as this is a big bug and its doing the same i'm new and i'm like FUNK ME

i don't want to move away from freenas and i don't i'm happy to help you work this out it's a small bug but piss's you off when you need to restart :p

so can we work this out :( if ever one eels is getting the same error then looks like it's a BUG
:)
i'm using 8.2.0 Release p1 x64 r11950

System Information

Server is a Dell
Hostname ***********
Build FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r11950)
Platform Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
Memory 3023MB
System Time Thu Aug 23 22:42:19 EST 2012
Uptime 10:42PM up 1:11, 1 user
Load Average 0.05, 0.08, 0.21
Connected through **.**.**.**

MacBook Pro 15" late 2011
Mac 10.8 MLion
Safari Version 6.0 (8536.25)

Dan101

Dabbler
I get the same problem too. And I'm using osx 10.6.8 to connect. So guess its not Lion or Mountain Lion specific.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
The issue has already been identified and fixed.

The fix will be available in the next public release.

pakpenyo

Dabbler
The issue has already been identified and fixed.

The fix will be available in the next public release.

Thanks William, and sorry for my useless screenshot. Not all people talk with good english, or maybe i'm just not understand what you mean.
My AFP is fixed after reinstall 8.2 (i don't know which fixed, just clean install) and now i'm using Freenas 8.3 Beta1.

Thanks and sorry about my english (again).

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Thanks William, and sorry for my useless screenshot. Not all people talk with good english, or maybe i'm just not understand what you mean.
My AFP is fixed after reinstall 8.2 (i don't know which fixed, just clean install) and now i'm using Freenas 8.3 Beta1.

Thanks and sorry about my english (again).

No, it is not fixed, it will come back once you edit an AFP Share. The fix will be in BETA2

Dan101

Dabbler
yay. I've just been part of a bug hunt and fix.:)

pakpenyo

Dabbler
No, it is not fixed, it will come back once you edit an AFP Share. The fix will be in BETA2

I'm not edit anything after reinstall. Just create AFP user, datasheet and activate services. And AFP is just for one user.

8.3 BETA1, the big different with 8.2 RELEASE is minimal error "Fatal Trap 12" in my machine. I've got only 1 error after 6 days uptime. With 8.2, i've got several time, maybe every 2-4 hour. But i never know why i've got it. My Memory is passed with 6 hours memtest. Maybe hardware, or maybe software. :). Thanks.

Gruselgurke

Dabbler
I encounter the same problem, going back to an earlier setting fixed it but it just appeared out of nowhere after changing user settings several times.
So if I understand that correctly 8.3 Beta2+ is fixing this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.