Can not modfy AFP Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Can you check the browser console for javascript errors? You can use firebug for firefox or element inspector for chrome.

mrchris76

Cadet
Good idea.

OK here are 2 screenshots, one of the console output from firebug when hitting ok on adding a new user called timemachine. Second of the 'adding user' screen with the 'this field is required' message.

I have firebug set to show errors and warnings, hard to see in the pic but there are no warnings :-(

Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 5.49.08 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 5.49.28 PM.jpg

Also experience same problem when attempting to change the ownership of a volume. Until a reboot that is..

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Unfortunately the screenshot has been resized by the forum and I cant really see it...

Also I can't reproduce the issue with a fresh install so it is quite impossible to fix it without knowing what is wrong...

hans_2

Cadet
I too am having this same problem. I cannot add or change users settings without this popping up. I also cannot change storage permissions.
I am running 8.2 Release. I tried different browsers.
Any window that has the ability to change the read/write/execute mode, I have to cancel out of.

I also cannot restart my machine without major headaches. Upon restart I get "Cannot determine free space" on ALL my ZFS volumes. I have to export and then auto import all volumes to restore my file system.

These problems did not exist in 8.0.4. I am considering going back until the release 8.2RC1.

mrchris76

Cadet
Hi Hans_2

Would you mind posting details of your setup? Would be interested to see if there are any similarities. Windows or Mac client, what hardware you're running FreeNAS on etc..

Fortunately I'm not experiencing the other issues with the ZFS volumes that you seem to be having, hope you get that sorted.

hans_2

Cadet
Build FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-x64 (r11944)
Platform Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
Memory 3560MB (4gb psychically installed)
6 HD's of mixed sizes and brands. All IDE. Largest size - 500gb. Smallest - 120gb.
One SATA DVD ROM
2.0 GB CF w/ CF to SATA adapter.
I have an apple share running and well as CIFS. FTP, SSH, S.M.A.R.T., AFP, CIFS enabled. I am running windows 7 on my PC and Lion on my iMac. (Although I am installing Mountain Lion as I type this) I will try to fill you as best I can in on any additional details you request. Thank you.

phiku

Dabbler
I have the same issues since I've running the 8.2 Release. I can not change any permission of an user or dataset or share. Moreover I can't access my Backup drive with time Machine anymore. Bu the last failure is new after I've changed to Mountain Lion.

Even when I disable the AFP- and CIFS- services, I can't change the permissions. Any Ideas?

mrchris76

Cadet
My "solution" for now is to disable AFP service and just use CIFS shares. Not ideal as I can't use the FreeNAS box as a timemachine backup device :-( But at least I can use it..

btw I am also running Mountain Lion. Also tried with Lion and also from a Windows 7 laptop. No difference.

UPDATE: So now I have had AFP service switched off for a while, just using CIFS shares. Backing up stuff from Mac to shares without any issues whatsover. Just went to change permissions on a share only to be met with the same damn error message again :-(((( Time for a reboot then so I can make a change.

-Chris

pakpenyo

Dabbler
Hello guys....

This is my first post. I'm a n00b from Indonesian.

Yes, i'm also get this problem. Cannot using AFP in mountain lion with FreeNAS 8.2. I'm trying with all browser (FF, Safari 6, Chrome, Opera, and OmniWeb). With Safari, i cannot login to Transmission GUI (default port 9091). The status is 401 Unathorized User. But with other browser it's opened and work.

Now i do same with @mrchris, turn off AFP and only use CIFS.

Thanks and really sorry about my english.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
If anyone can share a screen using Team Viewer so I can take a look at the issue I'll be happy to fix it, otherwise it will never be fixed :)

Feel free to join in irc.freenode.net #freenas

hewimeddel

Cadet
Sorry, i switched (back) to Nas4free - it simply works...

@William:
Try using Virtualbox. You should be able to reproduce the error easily.

i reproduced it under Virtualbox on a mac mini from 2007 and on an AMD Sempron Windows XP laptop from 2007 and had the problem directly without virtualbox on AMD-E450 Server from 2012.

bye
hewi

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
I have tried VirtualBox, I use it every single day to develop freenas :) And no, for the 20th time, I cannot reproduce it.

Good luck using nas4free, but keep it to yourself, if you are not happy with freenas and not willing to help fix bugs just let it go

mrchris76

Cadet
Now I have my users/shares all set up (after a few reboots to allow me to do so) all is well, not likely to need to make changes. So I am now happily using my FreeNAS ZFS box over AFP from 3 Macs without issue.

Great work guys :)

Chris

hans_2

Cadet
If anyone can share a screen using Team Viewer so I can take a look at the issue I'll be happy to fix it, otherwise it will never be fixed :)

Feel free to join in irc.freenode.net #freenas

I have downloaded Team Viewer. I would be happy to show you. I will be pretty busy for the next few days. I might be able to squeeze in a session with you either this evening or sometime early next week.

pakpenyo

Dabbler
This is my Screenshot:

Change AFP Shares, see blank check at file and directory permission.

Change permission at a afp dataset

Edit a user

Thumb linked to photobucket album without resizing. I'm using latest FF, Chrome and Safari6. With Safari 6, i cannot login to transmission GUI (port 9091) with 401 Unauthorized Access.

Thanks

Attachments

• grab1.jpg
    grab1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 260
  • grab2.jpg
    grab2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 269
  • grab3.jpg
    grab3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 256

hewimeddel

Cadet
if you are not happy with freenas and not willing to help fix bugs just let it go

I was willing to help fix this bug, but your last "arse kicking" comment just convinced me to just let it go. Sorry, but I am getting the feeling that you are the one not willing to help since you just dismiss every clue we try to give you.

bye
hewi

Happening to me, happens on 8.2 and 8.3 BETA1. Not sure if its AFP related because its the 1st thing I enabled to do some benchmarks. I guess if the dev can't reproduce it, it must not be real :) I'll do some digging, or maybe stick to Samba shares if that works. Its all about ZFS really ... everything else is a bonus ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.