Can I remove the bash scripts from a default SMB share?

allanonmage

Dabbler
I recently re-did my TrueNAS server, and this time I'd like to put it into production instead of just fool around with it. However, it's a new version and now I have some bash scripts in the root of my SMB share, which I think is related to the "home directory" option for the user I created:

.bash_logout
.bashrc
.profile

Can I remove them, or will that break something?

The NAS will be my main network store, and I primarily use Windows on my network. I will not be SSH'ing into the box with the SMB accounts.

Last edited:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I recently re-did my TrueNAS server, and this time I'd like to put it into production instead of just fool around with it. However, it's a new version and now I have some bash scripts in the root of my SMB share, which I think is related to the "home directory" option for the user I created:

Can I remove them, or will that break something?

The NAS will be my main network store, and I primarily use Windows on my network. I will not be SSH'ing into the box with the SMB accounts.

Sure. There's no harm in removing them, but it does make one wonder why you're using "homes" shares if you don't plan to use home directories.

allanonmage

Dabbler
There was no way to opt out of it that I could find when I was testing things out a few months ago. If there is a way to turn that off, I'd prefer to turn it off.