SMB Share Permission Issue on Angelfish

janbec

Cadet
My issue here is a bit different than the other SMB issues going on. I have a pool where a folder on it is shared using SMB. I created this when I spun up TrueNAS Scale on the Release Candidate release. This share is for media that gets moved to this server which is hosting the Plex app and libraries, from another machine on my networks.

I initially ran into this problem while on the RC version, but it disappeared when I upgraded to the Angelfish version. Now it's back and I have tried everything from rebooting the server, to deleting the user and share and recreating both of them. Nothing has worked and now I can't move any content to the pool using the SMB share.

I only noticied the problem after I installed a couple more applications, Mosquitto and NodeRed, and rebooted the server.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to get the permissions right again? I have even checked as someone in another thread stated about the user shell having to be bash and it is.

The share is on the parent folder and the issue I am having is on only of the child folders. I write and execute in all the other folders.

Last edited by a moderator:

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Suggest reading the documentation and using the same terminology... datasets not folders. Check everything.

To help you, people will need to see the ACL settings on your SMB share.. can you screenshot the relevant pages.
What error messages are you getting on the SMB client?
Can you test from another windows machine?... to eliminate client issues

Everyone needs clues....

PyCoder

Dabbler
Did you change the Share type of the new folder from generic to smb?

I ran into the same mistake.