SAMBA Share issue with deletions

ropeguru

Dabbler
So I have a repeatable issue, but not sure if it is a configuration issue or a bug.

I have a SMB share setup with connection to my AD server. I can access the share, create a folder, add a file to the folder, then delete the file from the folder without issue. However, if I try to delete the folder which was created, it disappears from my Windows explorer, but when I leave the share in explorer and then return, the folder is still there. Any attempt to delete throws me to a administrator permission is required to delete, so if I enter my AD admin creds and continue, I get a new error saying the drive in windows does not exist. However, I can close that window and access anything else in the share.

Logging into the server itself, I see the folder still listed with the directory having permissions of 777 and the user and group ownership are my AD user who created the directory and the group I want it to have of domain users.

If I create a folder, don't add/delete any files from it, I can successfully delete the folder.

The only error which shows up in the log.smbd file is:
[2022/12/09 11:01:53.765536, 1] ../../source3/smbd/notify_inotify.c:369(watch_destructor)
inotify_rm_watch returned Invalid argument

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Which version of software and what SMB settings do you have?

ropeguru

Dabbler
Apologies, I guess that would have helped.

TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3

What part of the SMB setting are you looking for?

The SMB service is using the default config with me sudt confguring the workgroup to match the shortname for AD and the netbios bios name the name of my server.

For the ACL's and such, on the Dataset, it is pretty much allow all all permissions right now..

So odd thing, I just went back and looked at the directory the folder was in that I was having the issue with. It is now gone. Almost seems like there is a long delay between the SMB service getting and acting on the delete and the underlying OS actually removing the folder from the file system.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Apologies, I guess that would have helped.

TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3

What part of the SMB setting are you looking for?

The SMB service is using the default config with me sudt confguring the workgroup to match the shortname for AD and the netbios bios name the name of my server.

For the ACL's and such, on the Dataset, it is pretty much allow all all permissions right now..

So odd thing, I just went back and looked at the directory the folder was in that I was having the issue with. It is now gone. Almost seems like there is a long delay between the SMB service getting and acting on the delete and the underlying OS actually removing the folder from the file system.
It could be a cache somewhere... you could try with 2 separate clients?