21.08 + docker + smb share = lost access problem?

aakaa

Cadet
Have an issue. Problem start about half-way down the timeline.
  1. Had TrueNAS core
  2. Exported pools
  3. Installed TrueNAS Scale 21.06
  4. Imported pools
  5. Set ACL type to POSIX
  6. Setup some SMB shares. Working fine.
  7. Updated to 21.08
  8. Installed a docker app with configured a host path volume in read only. Path is also part of SMB share.
  9. Checked inside app and verified it could see and read the files in that path.
  10. -------------------- problem starts here. --------------------
  11. Going back to SMB share I now cannot access that path.
  12. Reapplied permissions in the SMB share menu. No SMB access.
  13. App can still access the data.
  14. Deleted the app. No SMB access.
  15. Can't do strip ACLs with POSIX so changed ACL type to NFSv4.
  16. Deleted all SMB shares.
  17. Made new SMB share. Ran Strip ACLs + apply permissions recursively. No SMB access.
If I try to make a new share on the affected path I see this automatically populated for the owner and owner group (see image below).

1633113525469.png

If I make a new share deep down the path to one specific folder I can access the folder but not the file contents.

When I revisit the docker app I'm planning to give it access to the files via SMB share and avoid this but what can I do in the meantime?
Strip ACLs does not seem to be affecting the whole path and this seems wrong. How can I strip all these permissions out? Why is strip acl not taking everything out?
Am I just doing something very fundamentally wrong?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Can you try nightlies and see if issue goes away? We're up to BETA 21.08 and 21.10 is just around the corner. Ability to set ACLs of any sort through webui in 21.08 is broken fundamentally (recursive option doesn't work).

aakaa

Cadet
Can you try nightlies and see if issue goes away? We're up to BETA 21.08 and 21.10 is just around the corner. Ability to set ACLs of any sort through webui in 21.08 is broken fundamentally (recursive option doesn't work).

I'm on 21.08-BETA.1

Before I got docker apps involved I was doing OK

If I cannot use the webui to fix this, is there an alternative you know of how I could fix this?