Can’t get plex to download metadata

Th3RadMan

Explorer
I just upgraded my server and put freenas on a vm(esxi), using the plex plugin. Everything is set up, but no matter what I do, I can’t get metadata to download for anything. There is an internet connection and I have tried multiple times with multiple versions of plex. The network page wasn’t touched. I noticed when I tried setting up the plugin on freenas, I couldn’t get dhcp to work, but setting a static ip it downloaded just fine. I have also tried running the jail with my username and under root with no luck. Any ideas?

Freeenas 11.2
ESXI 6.7
Plex 1.13.9.5439

D

dlavigne

Does updating to RC2 resolve this? If not, anything in /var/log/messages when it fails?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I have also tried running the jail with my username and under root with no luck.
Are you changing permissions on your plex jail?

Th3RadMan

Explorer
Are you changing permissions on your plex jail?

I have been trying it with both root and my general user account. As of now everything except for my storage, so my plex ssd and jail are set as root

Does updating to RC2 resolve this? If not, anything in /var/log/messages when it fails?

The update doesn't fix it, I hoped it would. Nothing shows up on the logs when I start the plugin, it acts fine according to freenas.

sajberman

Cadet
I am totally new to freenas, converted from a windows 7 "server" to freenas this week :)
I was trying to install plex plugin but i have also problem with plugin repository not showing in plugins.
The network seams okey, because i can reach the update server.
Running version 11 Stable.
I read somewere that the repository shall be moved but i guess this is announced by the devs when this happens?

Th3RadMan

Explorer
I noticed for some reason when I look at ifconfig, my vnet is associated with 10Gbase-T, whicch is my 10gb network. With the vnet nic set to vxm0, which is my main 1gb network, which is really confusing.

sajberman

Cadet
Plugin list is working for me now, i did not do anything so maybe it was a fault on the server side?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I have been trying it with both root and my general user account.
Don't change permissions inside your jail, that's likely the reason you can't get metadata to load. You change permissions and plex no longer has write access to the jail and it can't save the downloaded metadata.

Th3RadMan

Explorer
Don't change permissions inside your jail, that's likely the reason you can't get metadata to load. You change permissions and plex no longer has write access to the jail and it can't save the downloaded metadata.

My bad, I changed the jail pool permissions, not the actual jail's permissions. Those were untouched.

Ddog 800

Cadet
I had this metadata issue with rc1 and rc2, but today googled around and found a fix that worked for me. I added my network IP in plex server networking settings (192.168.0.0/24). https://forums.plex.tv/t/port-update-version-1-1-3-2700-issues/157591/10
Can confirm, this fixed my issue immediately. I just upgraded to FreeNAS 11.2 yesterday and have been trying to figure out what was wrong. I don't recall having to add this to my previous setup.
This really needs to be done by default when the plugin system installs Plex. I hope this gets fixed for other users! Definitely a bug with the Plex deployment within FreeNAS 11.2.