Plex cant transcode nor download metadata

Sharkyparky

Dabbler
so i recently turned one of my old computers into a FreeNAS and I installed plex with the help of a guide, the first problem I began to have was that I couldn't select dhcp when I downloaded the plex plugin so I turned off all of the options for vnet and nat
Skärmbild (2).png

and it worked!
but later I found some things that were not right. i couldn't play some files that I put there(because of transcoding) and no metadata
so I looked it up and saw that vnet had to be on so i tried that, couldnt access web gui later i tried turning on dhcp again, didnt work. so if anyone would try to help me it would be very much appreciated :)

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Try checking DHCP, VNET, and Berkeley Packet Filter. Then clear out the IP address and default router fields.

Samuel Tai

You didn’t clear out the default gateway.

Sharkyparky

Dabbler
i removed it and saved but when i checked the settings again it put 172.16.0.1 automatically as the default router

Samuel Tai

What version of FreeNAS is this?

Samuel Tai

Under the jail network properties, what do you have for interfaces and vnet_default_interface?

Sharkyparky

Dabbler
just updated to FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2 but the issue still remains, here are my jail network properties
1591627913787.png

Samuel Tai

You may need to flush your browser cache. Some of these screens look like 11.2 and 11.3 intermingled.

Samuel Tai

In Chrome, go to Settings->Privacy&Security->Clear browsing data. Make sure "Cached images and files" is checked, and then click the Clear Data button.

Sharkyparky

Dabbler
So I found the vnet_default_interface under basic properties and when I set a static ip I can only use em0 and when I use dhcp or nat I can only use vnet0. I also flushed my browser cache

Samuel Tai

Yes, vnet0 is the preferred interface for DHCP.

Samuel Tai

You may want to try removing this plugin and reinstalling.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I don't recall the fix exactly but this issue is related to incorrect permissions on the jails dataset. Did you change the permissions on the plex jail?