Dabbler
I am trying to build the following three plugins from SVN:

Transmission

sh build/do_build.sh -t plugins/transmission

Firefly

sh build/do_build.sh -t plugins/firefly

MiniDLNA

sh build/do_build.sh -t plugins/minidlna

None of the commands (above) work. I receive an "ERROR" message and it tells me to check a log (...but no log is mentioned). Where is this log, so I can check the error?

IMPORTANT:
I don't want to hear any replies about downloading the plugins from the FreeNAS Sourceforge site. There's a reason why I am building these plugins from source.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
The log mentioned is the last one printed... probably <plugin_name>/amd64/<plugin_name>.log

To build those plugins you first need to build freenas and probably the plugins-base

# sh build/do_build.sh
# sh build/do_build.sh -t plugins-base
# sh build/do_build.sh -t plugins/transmission

Niatross

Dabbler
The log mentioned is the last one printed... probably <plugin_name>/amd64/<plugin_name>.log

To build those plugins you first need to build freenas and probably the plugins-base

# sh build/do_build.sh
# sh build/do_build.sh -t plugins-base
# sh build/do_build.sh -t plugins/transmission

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I already built the "os-base" and "plugins-base" with "sh build/do_build.sh -a".

Building the 3 included plugins (transmission, firefly and minidlna) from source has become an entirely different story. I don't know what the FreeNAS developers expect us to type to build these 3 plugins from source. If they want my left arm or right leg...I'll give it to them, but goddamn, please help us here...FreeNAS developers.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
I am FreeNAS developer, I want your soul :) All your base belong to us

But seriously, I can build it just fine in FreeBSD 8.2 and 9.0. If you come and say "hey, this shit is broken, fix it", then I cant do anything for you.
If you're willing to provide logs, then maybe we can talk.

Niatross

Dabbler

But seriously, I can build it just fine in FreeBSD 8.2 and 9.0. If you come and say "hey, this shit is broken, fix it", then I cant do anything for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sourcing /usr/local/FreeeNAS/nanobsd/plugins/transmission
do_build.sh: ERROR FreeNAS /usr/local/FreeeNAS/nanobsd/plugins/transmission build FAILED; please check above log for details"

Niatross

Dabbler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The error:

"Sourcing /usr/local/FreeeNAS/nanobsd/plugins/transmission
do_build.sh: ERROR FreeNAS /usr/local/FreeNAS/nanobsd/plugins/transmission build FAILED; please check above log for details"

There is no log. I do see a new "/usr/local/FreeNAS/transmission/amd/_.w" directory. This "_.w" directory has all kind of directories but there is no log to look at.

The "sh build/do_build.sh -a" command will build "os-base" and "plugins-base" successfully........but when it tries to build "Transmission", it bombs with the error mentioned (above).

If I try to build transmission separately with the "sh build/do_build.sh -t plugins/transmission" command, the same error occurs.

They don't have the bugs worked out in this, yet.

I give up.

ProtoSD

MVP
I've seen the same thing happen and I don't remember the solution at the momement, but you are correct, it appears to start to build, then tells you there's an error and to check the log, but the log has not been created yet. I"m trying to remember what caused it for me and how I fixed it... I've had a long day, can't thing clearly at all right now. Might remember tomorrow.

Niatross

Dabbler
I've seen the same thing happen and I don't remember the solution at the momement, but you are correct, it appears to start to build, then tells you there's an error and to check the log, but the log has not been created yet. I"m trying to remember what caused it for me and how I fixed it... I've had a long day, can't thing clearly at all right now. Might remember tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have opened a ticket on this issue:

http://support.freenas.org/ticket/1734

Niatross

Dabbler

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you using the following:

svn co https://freenas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/freenas/tags/8.2.0-RELEASE-p1 FreeNAS

After you download this FreeNAS source, try "sh build/do_build.sh -a" and let me know how that goes for you when it comes to building the plugins (transmission, firefly and minidlna)?

It will miserable fail when it tries to build the first of three plugins (AKA: transmission).

I'll even dare you :p to try the following command after you download the source (above) and have already built the "os-base" and "plugins-base":

"sh build/do_build.sh -t plugins/transmission"

I'm going to steal a quote from you :p: "hey, this shit is broken, fix it"

Once "Transmission" doesn't build for you (with the SVN source I mentioned above), give me a log of what happened and I'll sell you some ocean front property in Arizona.

BTW: What version of Python are you running?

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
With all due respect but like teaching a priest to pray?

If you're not up to the task you could just give up instead of bitching around, or fix it and submit a patch. Again, If you come and say "hey, this shit is broken, fix it", then I can't do anything for you.

First step is reading documentation, there is plenty around, specially README file that says you need ports-mgmt/pbi-manager.
Additionally I suggest you running do_build.sh -x.

BTW: How do you think the current plugins are made? HINT: They do not magically appear in a directory after praying to god :D

Niatross

Dabbler
You have to come up with something better than this.

All of the required packages are installed (including the pbi-manager).

Listen, this is not (just me) that is having this issue. Why don't you take the time to build the source and fix the problem.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
If you're an end user there is no need to build from source.
I did and it works for me, period.

Case closed.

PS: Go troll somewhere else, my participation on this pointless topic ends here, unless you're able to provide any useful information other than "this doesn't work for me"

Status
Not open for further replies.