Broken GUI in FreeNAS-9.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagge

Cadet
Hi,

Recently installed FreeNAS on some older hardware of mine and have enjoyed setting up and working with FreeNAS.

here comes the but..
It seems like somewhere along the process the GUI stopped working correctly.
I really don't know what could have caused this since the last time I was in the web GUI everything worked correctly. I believe the last thing I did from there was setting up another dataset directly under my volume, changed it's permissions and created a windows share for it.

Here it is in chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m (Currently latest version)
The console is showing in the picture with lots of exceptions.
2wem5vc.png

Very surprisingly things work better in IE Version 10.0.9200, as IE seems to render everything except the TreeView on the left side.
2q3vggw.png

Havn't tried Firefox, but.. yeah, feels like something is wrong?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
IE is very broken right now. Usually Chrome and Firefox work properly, but that depends on your browser settings and such. I will say I've used Firefox since March 2012 and never had it fail me yet. I had to clear my cache and cookies once, but that's all I've had to do. I'd try clearing cache and cookies. Other than that, I'd say try Firefox.

Keep in mind things aren't crystal clear here. Domain settings your workstation inherits(as well as local system settings), proxy settings, as well as browser settings can all make or break the FreeNAS WebGUI. Unfortunately, this means you are kind of on your own to find the cause and correct it. :(

warri

Guru
I'm having absolutely no problems with Chromium Version 31.0.1650.63 (238485). Try clearing your cache or try in incognito mode and make sure that no plugins interfere with the web GUI. Do you have any custom settings or experimental features enabled?

bagge

Cadet
Awsome guys, cleared all my history and now it works fine again, Thanks alot!

Still don't understand why it would stop working like that, but as long as there is a fix :)

edit: Looking at the java script source files through chrome, I remembered they looked completely different when it wasn't working, the files it previously had cached was filled with garbage characters, for some reason..

Status
Not open for further replies.