?minidlna gui bug in FN8.3.0-BETA2-x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnKnee

Dabbler
I am not sure if this a bug or a problem with my setup. I just upgraded to FN 8.3.0-BETA2-x64 from the last release. Did fresh image on USB and re-uploaded config file. All went well. I made sure the jail was setup and working and I only have the minidlna plugin so that was working with its configuration page showing up under the left hand gui. Also the mount point was correctly pointing to the Jail.

After reboot or any restart, the console shows

Code:
freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:412] Empty data returned from http://192.168.0.100/plugins/minidlna/_s/treemenu

The left hand menu loses its miniDLNA configuration entry and attempting to go into the plugins menu shows the plugin is off and attempting to turn it on results in "Some error occurred". The console outputs

Code:
freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:71] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.0.100/plugins/minidlna/_s/status: No JSON object could be decoded: line 1 column 0 (char 0)

Interestingly, the DLNA server is visible and it is serving up media to my devices without any problems even though the GUI states it is off.

For troubleshooting, I deleted the plugin and the jail and recreated them from scratch from the latest BETA 2 files in the plugin section at sourceforge. I get the exact same result. On install and first setup everything works at is should, but as soon as you reboot or restart, the GUI no longer accurately reflects that the minidlna plugin is working even though it is still serving media to my devices.

Also, I can delete the minidlna plugin and reinstall it and it will work fine and correctly show up in the GUI settings page and the plugins page but a reboot/restart results in the same behavior.

I have no idea what else to post to help to troubleshoot so any help/advise is welcome.

jjstecchino

Contributor
Had exactly the same problem on Beta1 upgraded from 8.2.
I was hoping it was going to be fixed on beta 2 but I may need to wait longer.

JohnKnee

Dabbler
It looks like others are having the same problem like joeschmuck in this post. Or simply do not realize that minidlna is not appearing in the GUI as it is working and serving their media.

I think I will open a ticket. Ticket created #1787

joeschmuck

Old Man
It looks like others are having the same problem like joeschmuck in this post. Or simply do not realize that minidlna is not appearing in the GUI as it is working and serving their media.

I think I will open a ticket. Ticket created #1787
Thanks for opening the ticket, I was going to do that just know when I saw you already submitted one.

I'm sure it will be an easy fix but like you said, it's running so some folks may not even think twice about it but we need to report these issues so the developers can correct them.

Andym8674

Cadet
Pluggins tree

Thanks for opening the ticket, I was going to do that just know when I saw you already submitted one.

I'm sure it will be an easy fix but like you said, it's running so some folks may not even think twice about it but we need to report these issues so the developers can correct them.

hello, i have just started to look at different nas os for my first nas, i have the hardware in place and ive just installed FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-x64 (r12701M) and is currently running on a flash drive. firstly ive configured all the services i require and then moved onto additional applications\pluggins, i have read many sites to configure pluggins and i beleive i have the jail setup correctly, when i attempt to install any pluggin everything completes as it should but they are not visible on the left hand console tree and the service start action fails with "some error occourd" very helpful error :smile: , ive search and found this post but there is no mention of a fix or work arround. is there anything we can do?? dnla is the main reason im moving to NAS as it all in one place.

thanks

Andy

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'm happy to help while I still have power (Hurricane Sandy heading towards my house right now).

First I don't want to make any assumptions as that hurts troubleshooting. So you have 8.3.0-Release installed.
1) Was it an upgrade or clean install? Either way if the bulk of FreeNAS appears to be working then let's continue.
2) If you upgraded, did you upgrade your plugin (not minidlna but the base plugin)?
3) If this was an upgrade, did you upgrade MiniDLNA?

Okay, no matter what the answer was in #2 and 3 I would request that you...
1) delete the main plugin.
2) If you didn't grab the plugins from the 8.3.0-Release branch, grab them now.
3) reboot the FreeNAS computer (not generally required but it doesn't hurt).
4) Install the main plugin and turn it on.
5) Install the minidlna plugin.
6) Configure the minidlna plugin and add your mount point.
7) Turn on your minidlna plugin. It should work fine.

If you have any problems after following these instructions, note down what part failed and if you can post screen captures of the plugins config screen and minidlna config screens.

EDIT: Added three config shots, Mount Point, MiniDLNA Config, and Plugins Config examples. Mount-Point.JPG MiniDLNA-Config1.JPG Plugins-Config.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.