SOLVED bluefin: Transmission - permission denied

TinyWorkshop

Dabbler
Hi all, I'm having a lot o problems trying to set up transmission (from truecharts).

the Pod start without problems but when I add a new torrent after few Mb I get the message:

error.jpg

tried installing the pod as user 568 (apps) also triend making ad hoc user 921 (transmission)

permissions.jpg

I even tried as root

obviously the share have the right permission (at least I think)

perm.jpg

I've tried also using a newly created dataset with no luck

I'm starting to tink that my SMB is having some problems

any idea?

TinyWorkshop

Dabbler
I've "resolved"... messed up the root user during installation by choosing the GUI option, for some reason the root user got the normal admin privileges.... resolved nuking the installation and the dataset.

I've also resolved an annoying problem with the vm note showing up using the vnc (I guess for the same reason)

now all is working flawlessly :cool:

kyrsoronas

Cadet
I'm having the same issue, what did you do exactly ? can you please describe the steps ?

TinyWorkshop

Dabbler
I'm having the same issue, what did you do exactly ? can you please describe the steps ?
Well I’ve completely reinstalled the machine wiping out also the raid array.
This is important, in my case the permissions were severely messed up.

Only thing different I’ve done is selecting the installation as root (the deprecated one).
You can setup an admin account afterward.

Anyway now I don’t use transmission anymore but qbittorrent behind a vpn instead

kyrsoronas

Cadet
I see. After some digging last night it turns out that my problem was the internal mapping path of the container to the storage dataset.
Thanks for your time