Backblaze B2 Error 14

Yaguznal

Explorer
So I added cloud credentials with the Account ID I found on the "Account ID & Application Key" page and the -appear only once- Application Key when creating a new application ID. When I try to set up a cloud sync and select the newly added cloud credentials, I was greeted with:

Code:
Error 14
[EFAULT] Invalid request: {
  "code": "unauthorized",
  "message": "",
  "status": 401
}

I tried to reapply the cloud credentials with the applicationKeyId instead of the Application Key without success.

What am I missing here?

Many thanks in advance,

Yagu

D

dlavigne

Were you able to figure this out? If not, which build version of FreeNAS (from System -> Information)?

Yaguznal

Explorer
Were you able to figure this out?
No. I think I tried any combination I could put in these fields. Although I am no beginner, I think this is as far as I can with my knowledge about cloud storage and freenas. I was kind of hoping someone else had the same experience and found a solution.

I am willing to post logs and outputs if you can tell me where they are and which commands to use.

I am running FreeNAS-11.1-U6.

buffalosolja42

Dabbler
Having the same issue thought it was just me on 11.1-U6. I have put in so many credentials I have questioned my sanity. :)

buffalosolja42

Dabbler
No I just updated to RC1 will try tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

buffalosolja42

Dabbler
RC1 resolved the issue immediately not sure if it is a new setup with 11.1-U6 ir what. But no issues on 11.2-RC1

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BigSteve

Cadet
I have the same issue. I'm a little hesitant to upgrade to 11.2. No one else had any solutions on 11.1?

Yaguznal

Explorer
I tried to find a bug report about this but failed. I don't think anyone has reported this yet.

BigSteve

Cadet
Mine turned out to be my fault (or bad documentation). I had to change the keyID to the key of the bucket, not my account.

D

dlavigne

Mine turned out to be my fault (or bad documentation). I had to change the keyID to the key of the bucket, not my account.

If you get a chance, we could use some forum how-tos on how to setup the various cloud services. If you can, starting a thread on how to setup a Backblaze account would be awesome :smile:

BigSteve

Cadet
I do not see "keyID" anywhere. Are you running 11.2?
No, I am running 11.1 U6. In FreeNAS, it is the account ID field that is mapped to the Application Key ID that is generated for each bucket in Backblaze (not the Key for your main account). Each bucket gets its own key, so you need a new cloud sync login for each bucket you are using.

itc217

Cadet
Is this resolved? The blog post was not helpful to me. I am having this issue in 11.2 U3. Everything was working fine in 11.2 U2, I had to do a fresh install and didn't save the config file and now with 11.2 U3 I'm not able to connect to Backblaze with error 14.

[EFAULT] 2019/04/14 18:48:52 Failed to create file system for "remote:": failed to authorize account: failed to authenticate: Get https://api.backblazeb2.com/b2api/v1/b2_authorize_account: dial tcp: lookup api.backblazeb2.com on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:39035->[::1]:53: read: connection refused

I've tried resetting the master application key, creating new application keys, all without success.

buffalosolja42

Dabbler
Solved it, ensure your network is set up properly first and everything is fine.[/QUOTE

For those who are having issues quick way to troubleshoot. Is to go to System and verify that it can reach the update servers, if not likely nameservers aren't define hence it can't reach the cloud provider :)