Apps not showing up or working after reboot ...

taltamir

Dabbler
This is caused by docker. Look carefully at task manager and the installed application after reboot.
The applications do not show until it has reached a certain point in the docker deployment, this takes multiple minutes after reboot before the apps finally show up as installed.

I think perhaps the entire applications tab should be replaced with a [docker is initializing] right after reboot until docker is done initializing.
Only once it is initialized should it load up the 4 tabs of [installed applications][available applications][manage catalogs][manage docker images]

Last edited:

Elo

Contributor
I have the same issue. Can see no pattern!

crk1918

Dabbler
I have the same problem but after a few minutes later the apps show up.

devemia

Dabbler
Interestingly, having the same issue on Bluefin at the moment. I will wait for a bit more to see if the applications eventually show up. Previously, they work fine after multiple reboots.

dain

Cadet
I had this problem just now after updating to TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.1 (from TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.0 IIRC) so the problem still exists, rebooting (once more?) helped.

cosine5000

Dabbler
I deleted my bridge network entirely, went back to the most basic network setup and apps appeared instantly.

Last edited:
So this just happened to me and I noticed the following alert:
1696134512105.png

f110tech

Cadet
This just happened to me today. Migrated from Core to Scale 23.10.0.1 and installed Plex, and a Minecraft Server. I did a random reboot and to my surprise APPS were missing.

My Fix: Apps->Settings->Choose Pool, Now redefine the pool that your apps are on.
BOOM, they are back AND running already.

Krebsy

Cadet
Similar issue here myself.

I was in the process of adding/updating an app config and had to step away for a while. The server did a restart and on firing it up again there os nothing listed in the apps pane under installed.

Archetype

Cadet
This just happened to me today. Migrated from Core to Scale 23.10.0.1 and installed Plex, and a Minecraft Server. I did a random reboot and to my surprise APPS were missing.

My Fix: Apps->Settings->Choose Pool, Now redefine the pool that your apps are on.
BOOM, they are back AND running already.
Thank you. This did the trick - just be sure to refresh the Apps page after following the steps.