Installed Apps and Docker Container gone after reboot; Kubernetes is not running

AlexHuebi

Cadet
Hi,

I've installed a few apps and docker container and this was running fine until I had to shutdown the system (to add a UPS).
And after starting the system back up, none of the container went back online and the Applications Tab says that the "Applications are not running".
1646906669866.png

Also if I want to have a look the downloaded Docker Images the Interface says, that there aren't any downloaded
1646906767106.png

I've looked into the existing Dataset and it seems that the files (at least look like that they) are intact and the files shouldn't be defect.

So the next thing I tried was to start docker independent of Kubernetes.
This the "Manage Docker Images" back to life and I could look at the downloaded Docker Images.
1646907111177.png

But I still cannot start or create any new Docker container/Applications.

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 423, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 459, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1129, in nf
    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1261, in nf
    return await func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 378, in do_create
    await self.middleware.call('kubernetes.validate_k8s_setup')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1318, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1275, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/update.py", line 335, in validate_k8s_setup
    raise CallError(error)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Kubernetes service is not running.

I've also tried to find a solution in the community here or on discord on the TrueNAS and TrueCharts server.
(for example)

But either the solution would've been a complete reinstall (currently not possible) or the errors don't quite fit.

Another thing I've tried, was to launch Kubernetes manually but it seems that there are some Parameters I'd need that I currently don't have.
Is there something I've missed? Or should I file a ticket?

AlexHuebi

Cadet
Update: I've tried to start the K3s service via systemctl but it wouldn't start.
I've attached the log from journalctl.

Attachments

• journalctl.txt
    30.1 KB · Views: 544

spvedula

Cadet
Same error for me.

rror
[EFAULT] Kubernetes service is not running.
remove_circle_outlineMore info...
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 412, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 448, in __run_body
rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1129, in nf
res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1261, in nf
return await func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 378, in do_create
await self.middleware.call('kubernetes.validate_k8s_setup')
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1308, in call
return await self._call(
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1257, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/update.py", line 335, in validate_k8s_setup
raise CallError(error)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Kubernetes service is not running.

lonemuffin

Cadet
I went to System Settings > Boot > Changed activate to prior version. Everything i working now.

I believe 22.02.1 has problem, so reverted to 22.02.0.1. All apps work properly.
Its only giving me the option to revert to 22.02-RC.2, 22.02.1 (which has Now/Reboot next to it, not sure what I should do with that), and 22.02.RELEASE. Do you know which one I need to choose?

spvedula

Cadet
Look at the "created" date to figure out which one good version.

See attached image. Underlined was good version, so I reverted to it, and all works fine.

1651803102579.png

truecharts

Guru
I went to System Settings > Boot > Changed activate to prior version. Everything i working now.

I believe 22.02.1 has problem, so reverted to 22.02.0.1. All apps work properly.

Actually, this very problem was quite common on 22.02.0.1 and could be triggered by multiple config changes, updates and reboots.
Some of it's causes are actually fixed in 22.02.1.

lonemuffin

Cadet
Actually, this very problem was quite common on 22.02.0.1 and could be triggered by multiple config changes, updates and reboots.
Some of it's causes are actually fixed in 22.02.1.
If it is a config change, update, or reboot, what do I do from there? Sorry I'm slightly new to TrueNAS. Could it possibly be because I unmounted my dataset pool, renamed it, then remounted it again a while back ago?

mxlu

Cadet
I was able to get mine back up running with this command
Code:
ntpd -qg