Apache24 was running fine, now won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryjharrison

Explorer
I have a jailed owncloud installation that has been running perfectly on Freenas 11.0-U2 for several weeks. My certbot based certificate was due to expire so I set up a cron job to call "certbot renew", as per recommendations, and it promptly renewed the certificate, and all seemed well with the world. I have run the renewed certificates for several days without any noticeable errors.

This morning, I decided to reboot the jail. Apache is now refusing to start. In the httpe-error.log file I can see the following 2 errors:
Code:
[Sun Jul 30 09:30:14.084723 2017] [ssl:warn] [pid 99789] AH01882: Init: this version of mod_ssl was compiled against a newer library (OpenSSL 1.0.2k-freebsd  26 Jan 2017, version currently loaded is OpenSSL 1.0.2j-freebsd  26 Sep 2016) - may result in undefined or erroneous behavior
[Sun Jul 30 09:30:14.085333 2017] [ssl:emerg] [pid 99789] AH02565: Certificate and private key www.jerryharrison.net:443:0 from /usr/local/etc/letsencrypt/live/jerryharrison.net/fullchain.pem and /usr/local/etc/letsencrypt/keys/0000_key-certbot.pem do not match

I have tried many different options including installing openssl from Pkg, and changeing the /etc/make.conf to use the pkg version, and then deleting and re-installing Apache24. Nothing I have done changes the errors, or gets apache to start.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It also says your certificate and private key don't match. I'd try running certbot manually and see if it fixes it.

jerryjharrison

Explorer
Thanks for responding Jailer. I have re-run certbot and it installs the certificates without error, but no change in the error messages from Apache. I currently believe that the private key and certificate mis-match are related to the mod_ssl issue, as I had no problem accessing the server (prior to re-boot) via https.

Status
Not open for further replies.