Announcing FreeNAS 9.2.1.4-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

norskman

Contributor
Re: V9.2.1.4 Release problems:
The Plugin update - still does not work correctly either.
For example the Plexmediaserver plugin I am running is on 0.9.8.14.263 - it just will not update. Feeenas recognises the fact it needs upgrading but it just does not.
This is the self same problem that has been there since the plugin system was launched.
In my case it usually hangs and then switches off the plugin or else goes to 50% and stays there.
SO the process I see is:
1. It will ask if I want to load the plugin
2. Then it downloads it - fine
3. Then it updates it - goes to 50% and that is it. It then turns off the plugin.
4. Turning it back on makes it work just fine again.

Here is the exact error I get from my console:
/mnt/store/Jail/plex_1/media/Video: unknown file system ]
Apr 20 15:07:22 freenas afpd[17665]: Login by nobody (AFP3.4)
Apr 20 15:08:22 freenas kernel: pid 17602 (Plex DLNA Server), uid 972: exited on signal 3
Apr 20 15:08:22 freenas kernel: pid 17587 (python), uid 972: exited on signal 3
Apr 20 15:09:26 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/store/Jail/plex_1/media/Video'
Apr 20 15:09:26 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: umount: /mnt/store/Jail/plex_1/media/Video: statfs: No such file or directory umount: /mnt/store/Jail/plex_1/media/Video: unknown file system ]

panz

Guru
When I press F2 at the boot prompt it always loads to 9.2.1.4
~eric

Same problem here: when I attempted the rollback it loaded as usual and ignored the older version. File a bug for this please.

AlainD

Contributor
Live updates doesn't seem like a good idea for a file server, it scares me a lot, seems a recipe for disaster.

warri

Guru
Live updates doesn't seem like a good idea for a file server, it scares me a lot, seems a recipe for disaster.

FreeNAS will update itself [..] by checking in with an update server, downloading any available updates in the background, and then asking the user for an opportune time to apply them. [..]

Status
Not open for further replies.