Announcing FreeNAS 9.2.1.4-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir.Robin

Guru
Well, if I can't reproduce this problem with Firefox, Safari, Chrome or IE (and I've done all of them) and 9.2.1.3 OR 9.2.1.4, and if others on this thread also can't reproduce it, then we have to figure out what the common factor is. Since I've never seen this on 9.2.1.x across dozens of machines, I could just as plausibly argue that it's not related to FreeNAS, since it "works on all my machines", but I don't think that would help either of is. It's related to *something*, obviously, but what? We need to find the hidden element.

Agreed.

Now, i just reverted to 9.2.1.3 and i can list snapshots just fine in all browsers again.

Going forth to 9.2.1.4 again... retest.¨

Edit:
And so i'm back to 9.2.1.4 and the issue reemerges. No snapshot list in GUI. Only the error.

Edit2:
I tried through safari on my iPhone and it's the same thing. "Sorry, an error occured"

panz

Guru
We need to find the hidden element.

My pool(s) configuration is:

1) a storage pool

2) a backup pool

both encrypted.

Every pool is a RAIDZ2 of 6 WD Red disks.

The main pool ("storage") is always online. Once a week (on Saturday) the backup pool is brought online (shutdown the machine --> insert the 6 disks --> power on), decrypted and ready for the Replication Tasks. Maybe this is "confusing" version 9.2.1.4?

Sir.Robin

Guru
I only have one pool per nas. Always online. No encryption.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

J

jpaetzel

I found the hidden common factor. If you have a replication task then the snapshot screen bails out. Working on a fix now.

Sir.Robin

Guru
Excellent! :)

J

jpaetzel

I've committed the fix. And fixed another issue in the notifier as well. Maybe when Jordan gets back in to his Tiki hut we'll do a fixup release.

Sir.Robin

Guru
Wery nice! Great work :)

joeschmuck

Old Man
I've committed the fix. And fixed another issue in the notifier as well. Maybe when Jordan gets back in to his Tiki hut we'll do a fixup release.

Wish I could express how pleased I was to see how rapidly this was identified and hopefully corrected. Great job, seriously!

tjvanpat

Dabbler
I found the hidden common factor. If you have a replication task then the snapshot screen bails out. Working on a fix now.

This seems like a pretty basic configuration, especially when it's been tested on "dozens of machines"...

Regardless, does this mean there is going to be a respin of 9.2.1.4 with the fix soon? I'm interested in picking up the zpool CPU spin fix, but it sounds best to wait at least a few more days to see what other bugs are flushed out.

J

jpaetzel

Yeah, I would imagine there will be a 9.2.1.4.1 very soon now.

aufalien

Patron
Curious about NFS and FreeNAS 9.2.2, will we have the choice in choosing NFS v3?

J

jkh

9.2.1.4.1 building now! (Sigh). Not sure why 3 of my machines with snapshot tasks enabled didn't exhibit this though. Perhaps the snapshot task has to be actually running at the time that you check the UI for this to occur? Weird. Oh well. Another day, another point release! ;)

panz

Guru
9.2.1.4.1 building now! (Sigh). Not sure why 3 of my machines with snapshot tasks enabled didn't exhibit this though. Perhaps the snapshot task has to be actually running at the time that you check the UI for this to occur? Weird. Oh well. Another day, another point release! ;)

In my situation, the culprit could be the fact that I replaced the "original" autorepl.py, coming with the 9.2.1.3 release, with the latest one from pulled from GitHub sources because of the slow replication process of v. 9.2.1.3?

Sir.Robin

Guru
I did not replace that file or anything else for that matter

CHL

Dabbler
Same problem here. Displaying snapshots in the GUI works fine, as long you have no ZFS replication tasks created. As soon you set up ZFS replication, displaying snaphots will fail :-(

Maybe this hint will help to solve this problem.

elangley

Contributor
Hello All, I have the same snapshot display error which appears to occur when there is a replication task, which I have setup.

Upgraded from FreeNAS 9.2.0 to 9.2.1.4. FreeNAS is running as a VMware virtual machine on an SSD with 8GB Ram. Note: This is not production data, it is backup data that is replicated to a data center.

Also for some reason I cannot get the system to boot back into 9.2.0. When I press F2 at the boot prompt it always loads to 9.2.1.4.

Not sure how else to roll back so any help there would be appreciated.

~eric

joeschmuck

Old Man
Not sure how else to roll back so any help there would be appreciated.

~eric
Eric,
The easiest way to roll back in my opinion would be to reinstall 9.2.0 to the flash drive and then restore your configuration backup file. Not sure why F2 didn't work but glad you posted it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.