All Plugins In One Jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsh

Cadet
Is it possible to install all plugins in a single jail? It would make things much easier since each one wouldn't have to have a different IP? If there is already a guide, can someone point me to it?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yes, you make the jail yourself and install them yourself.

antsh

Cadet
Thank you for the quick response. Is there a guide somewhere that I could refer to?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Nope. You'll have to know how to use ports or install the specific programs you want to install yourself.

Dusan

Guru
Is it possible to install all plugins in a single jail? It would make things much easier since each one wouldn't have to have a different IP? If there is already a guide, can someone point me to it?
Yes it is possible and you do not need know how to use ports.
Download the plugins from here: http://www.freenas.org/downloads/plugins/9/x64/ and then use the Upload plugin button on the Jails screen to install several plugins into the same jail. It's all documented here: Installing FreeNAS® PBIs

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Whoa. When was that added to the manual? Last time this question was asked the answer was "good luck"...

But, I see it being a potential problem with updating the plugins too. Hmm....

D

dlavigne

And beware the DANGER at the bottom of that page as that bug was not fixed in time for 9.2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.