Active Directory Permission Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Skiles

Cadet
I apologize if creating a new thread wasn't the proper thing to do, I just didn't want to hijack someone else's attempt at getting help with their own issue. I am currently running FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64 on a Dell C1100 with four WD 4TB NAS drives and 72GB RAM.

I have successfully created a CIFS share that uses AD for authentication. All of my users can log in using their credentials and view the files on the server. My issue is that once a user saves to the share, the file instantly becomes read only, even to the user that saved it. The only time this doesn't happen is when you use SMB on a MAC to connect. For some reason they aren't experiencing the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I am more than willing to pay for a solution at this point.

bigphil

Patron

Chris Skiles

Cadet
If this is something I can't get working, is it possible to downgrade to a lower release without losing my data even though I built the box using this version? I know that is a dumb question, I'm just trying to figure out any possible options.

bigphil

Patron
You could only downgrade to a release that supports the same pool version (v5000 feature flags). The only other way would be to copy the data off and then you could install whatever version you wanted and copy it back.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Actually, you can only downgrade to a release that uses the same pool version, unless it is v5000. If it is v5000, then the feature flags must match too. This subtle but extremely important fact is why you can't build a pool in FreeNAS 9.2.1.x and put it on any other OS that uses ZFS right now. FreeNAS brought in feature flags from the OpenZFS project that nobody else has implemented yet. ;)

Chris Skiles

Cadet
So from what I have read on the bug reports provided above and the parts of them I understand, is the issue just when using active directory? Could I turn directory services off and just use guest access until the AD stuff is fixed? I'm at a point where I have about 2TB of data that I really would like to avoid backing up and moving to another build. This isn't due to my laziness though, I just have people relying on the files for daily use and am trying to have the smallest amount of downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.