A jail with this name already exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Howard

Contributor
Hi Guys, this may be of my own doing, i'm not sure. I basically uninstalled the Transmission plugin without deleting the jail first. Now when I attempt to re-install Transmission i get the following message:

[middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Failed to install plugin: ERROR: A jail with this name already exists!

I've had a search of the forum and I found an instruction that stated to attempt the following command: warden delete transmission_1. I still can't install it again after this. Can anyone advise of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I would destroy the jails dataset then recreate the dataset. I think this should wipe everything out, might want to double check by testing it in a vm or waiting for someone else to chime in.

Nick Howard

Contributor
I tried a few other things but they didn't work. Deleting the dataset did the trick. Thanks.

ShimadaRiku

Contributor
Freenas crashed while trying to install transmission plugin. Now I can't install it anymore. I get the error "A jail with this name already exists".

Tried deleting the dataset for transmission, but it can't unmount and busy. Transmission isn't showing up in jails or plugins where else do I stop it?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Freenas crashed while trying to install transmission plugin. Now I can't install it anymore. I get the error "A jail with this name already exists".

Tried deleting the dataset for transmission, but it can't unmount and busy. Transmission isn't showing up in jails or plugins where else do I stop it?
since it's saying busy a workaround would be restarting freenas which will kill off whatever process it using that dataset. then you should be able to delete the dataset.

also, there may be ways to identify the process using it.

ShimadaRiku

Contributor
I had to reboot and manually delete the dataset using the shell. Got it to work thanks

ShimadaRiku

Contributor
since it's saying busy a workaround would be restarting freenas which will kill off whatever process it using that dataset. then you should be able to delete the dataset.

also, there may be ways to identify the process using it.
Hmm.. plugin crashed again while trying to install. This time it was Emby

• Restarting FreeNAS still doesn't let me remove the jail using rm -rf command in shell
  • Emby jail doesn't show up in GUI to remove either
  • jls command shows emby_1 being mounted but has empty hostname. I can't use warden stop command.
What else can I do?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Im guessing using rm -f doesn't work because it's a dataset you need to zfs destroy it.

i don't have a suggestion. I don't know much about warden or how the freenas accounts for what jails exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.