8.3.1 Release P2 Plugins Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Sikes

Cadet
Hello,
I tried updating my HP Mediasmart EX495 from 8.3.1 to 9.2 with no luck. It wouldn't completely boot up to get an IP address and since the server is headless I can't see what the issue is. I tried booting from the drive on another system (Laptop) and it wouldn't mount the root partition (Error 19). I've looked on the forums for this issue and people mentioned USB 3 being the problem, which I know the HP Mediasmart system doesn't have USB 3, plus I'm booting off the SATA harddrive.

The whole reason I tried to upgrade was because the new way plugins were handled and installed. Since the upgrade failed maybe due to some hardware compatibility issues, I have gone back to 8.3.1 since I still had the image. I, however, can't find the original Plugins Jail PBI for 8.3.1 that used to be on this site to download, and since the sourceforge download has gone away and github doesn't appear to have it I've stopped all googling and torrenting searches and come to the support and help forums. Is this Plugins Jail PBI still available to download? And if so, where?

I will continue to try getting 9.x installed on my HP Mediasmart system but it is hard to troubleshoot when I can't see a console. I'll have to attempt a USB boot from another laptop or try mounting it from my Ubuntu netbook. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.