11.3-U1 drives are missing

mrgtstr

Dabbler
After doing some searching and not finding anything I have decided to cry uncle and post a thread. I have a dell r510 that I have been using for as a backup to my main freenas box. Since I have been using it for testing and backups I decided to do a refresh. I deleted the pool and installed the last version of freenas 11.3-U1 (currently). I have a dell h200 hba that has been flashed into IT mode. After starting from scratch no drives are showing up in the gui to create a pool. I believe that is everything, if not let me know.

hervon

Patron
Do you see those drives in the bios? Or with another OS. Might be an issue with HBA. Plug them on the motherboard for testing. No reason i can think freenas would not see them.

mrgtstr

Dabbler
Thanks for the quick response...Yes, I can see them in the bios and when going through the freenas installer. After about 4 reboots the drives are showing now, however when I go to create the pool its saying...."Mixing disks of different sizes in a VDEV is not allowed" even though they are the same size.

hervon

Patron
Might be a GUI issue. I suggest to create the pool in CLI (search the web - fairly easy) then import it using the GUI.

mrgtstr

Dabbler
After further troubleshooting I may of figured out the issue. I believe its related to one of my hard drives even though its the same size as the rest but don't know for sure. I have attached a picture in case anyone may have some insight if that is the case. The one on the right is what the rest of the drives are in the server. The one on the left is the one that is different. Any input would be appreciated.

SeagateDrives.JPG