11.1 migrate jails to iocage

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb35

Hall of Famer

marcevan

Patron
One issue with Plex: mounts are hard coded with /plexdata/Plex Media Server/ and starting plexmediaserver_2 chokes on the spaces in Plex Media Server.

danb35

Hall of Famer
plexmediaserver_2 chokes on the spaces in Plex Media Server.
On that, I'll have to defer to others--I've seen discussion here of that issue, but I haven't encountered it myself.

marcevan

Patron
I managed to elude the max length by shortening the /Films/Parents part to just /FP and it's fine. Now I just need to fix the top 3 steps of networking, but as of now, upgrading to Beta3 to see how it goes.

marcevan

Patron
Well, I just went back to good old 11.1U6 and shut down iocage jails and resumed warden jails.

I could not find how to get the outside networking going in Plex or Sickrage or Transmission jails (there's references to rc.conf and tunables and host names but no links and searching was like a needle in a haystack) so waiting comfortably until there's either a do-it-all guide made or there's automated scripts. Betas are not really meant for production systems anyway.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Betas are not really meant for production systems anyway.
True, even if iX is seemingly trying to push 11.2-BETA as being production-ready. And networking has been an issue with iocage. But with a clean installation of BETA3, it's working for me without issues. Interesting.

marcevan

Patron
I don't have the time, at present, to do a clean installation as resetting up all the storages and even worse, in Plex having the decrement the watch counter of each piece of media is time consuming.

I'll wait until I don't see a BETA in the 11.2 STABLE train.

Status
Not open for further replies.